SONY VEGAS 6 and 5 ERROR

hamiltonzfinnest wrote on 4/25/2005, 12:46 PM
Hi i am a new user to Sony vegas i downloaded sony vegas 5 then installed it then after wen i opened the program it comes up with a error saying ''An Error Occurred starting Vegas.
The reason for the error could not be determined''.

So i thought something was just wrong with this version of vegas 5 so i downloaded vegas 6 and the same thing keeps happening. this is very frustrating so could somebody please help me

Comments

jetdv wrote on 4/25/2005, 2:09 PM
Do you have "Terminal Services" enabled?
hamiltonzfinnest wrote on 4/25/2005, 5:04 PM
ummm im not sure but how do i check
SonyTSW wrote on 4/25/2005, 9:53 PM
Hi hamiltonzfinnest, we have a Knowledge Base that you may not have yet discovered (it is one of the options in the Support menu at the top of this page).

The KB is searchable, so I entered "terminal" and the following is what popped up at the top of the list. This should help you fix the problem.

Launching the software reports 'An error occured starting *PROGRAMNAME*. The reason for the error could not be determined".

[Edit]: Tip: try searching the KB or these forums for a portion of the exact error message that you are seeing (such as "error could not be determined"). This should also have led to the above article.
hamiltonzfinnest wrote on 4/26/2005, 7:51 PM
thnx alot i fixed that problem, but now wen i try to transfer my movie files into Vegas a error pops up saying ''An Error Occurred opening one or more files. The file format plugin for the specific format was not properly initialized.''