Spot laid up ...

Comments

UlfLaursen wrote on 9/26/2009, 6:28 AM
I found this on YouTube:

Glad to se you are getting better, Spot!

/Ulf
UlfLaursen wrote on 7/10/2010, 9:39 PM
How are you doing now, Spot, hope you are getting there 100% .

Thanks.

/Ulf
vegasmon wrote on 7/10/2010, 10:58 PM
Best Wishes Spot get well soon

-Vegasmon
Serena wrote on 7/11/2010, 5:48 AM
Spot has been back in the air for quite a while now. Scooting around the sky in a wing suit.
Earl_J wrote on 7/11/2010, 9:33 AM
Wow,
what a great false alarm ... (whew)
I thought DSE was injured again ... (sigh)
Good thing I'm the sort of guy who checks the dates of posts... (grin)
I was also a bit skeptical that 170 messages would get posted to any topic overnight ... (wink)
Of course, if there is any topic that would create that sort of volume, it would certainly be DSE...
Additionally, the forum list that shows the first and last posts in the thread also displays the dates and times... (grin)

UPDATE: DSE... simply alter the laws of nature to slow your freefall descent; then the opening shocks won't be so ... ahhh... errr... shocking...(grin)
Or perhaps a two- or three-stage opening of smaller drogue chutes before the main opens... Might even be useful and marketable to older and physically-challenged jumpers...

Until that time... Earl J.
Spot|DSE wrote on 7/12/2010, 11:15 AM
yes maa'm. Scooting around the sky in a wingsuit. Discovered last week that parachute deployments have bent the bolt in my pelvis and snapped four out of six screws in my pelvis. Prolly not good news, but life is too short to live without adventure and excitement.
We just set a new state record yesterday.
Vegas has really caught on in the skydiving world when folks see the workflow speed compared to FCP and Premiere. Production Assistant and Vegas are the standards on several dropzones around the world, from Australia to Zimbabwe (literally).
kkolbo wrote on 7/12/2010, 11:43 AM

You are not going to need a doctor, but a full time mechanic if you keep breaking parts like that. All kidding aside, it must be painful. Somehow I don't see you slowing down. You will probably have to call together a group of orthopedic manufacturers and help them develop stronger parts for you. You did it in Video, now you will have to do it in orthopedics.

Please be careful. Some of that is too closely tied to the spinal column which doesn't heal if it gets messed up. Keep my hero walking.
gpsmikey wrote on 7/12/2010, 1:23 PM
uhhhh - Spot - you don't need screws in your pelvis -- you need 1/2 inch grade 8 high strength bolts to hold you together (or bungee cords ! )

mikey
Spot|DSE wrote on 7/12/2010, 10:11 PM
shield your eyes.... :-)
you can see three of the four broken screws.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1331990&l=fff5bd478f&id=1032868837
no worries Keith, I've got a great staff of mechanics. I've broken more bones than I am old. Please notice the zipper installed for faster access. :-)
reberclark wrote on 7/12/2010, 10:55 PM
Whoa, Spot. Uh...what should I say? "I see you're keepin' it together?"

Hang in there, man. We need your brain!

Nice to hear Vegas has caught on in the crazy people's world...oh...I mean the sky diving world. Now if there was only a waterproof housing for my cheap canon AVCHD camera that didn't cost hundreds o' bucks - maybe I could get some sailing folks on it too!
gpsmikey wrote on 7/13/2010, 8:03 AM
Good grief Spot - if you aren't careful you are going to end up looking like an escapee from Gary Larson's (Far Side) "boneless chicken ranch" cartoon !! The zipper was a great idea though :-) Take care - we need someone to write the Vegas 10 book when it comes out (I have your 8 and 9 versions ).

mikey
Coursedesign wrote on 7/13/2010, 11:05 AM
Vegas has really caught on in the skydiving world when folks see the workflow speed compared to FCP and Premiere.

I also see a lot of people struggling with FCP when they should be using Vegas (and sometimes vice versa). Folks who edit alone and don't have to deal so much with time code etc. can save sooo much work by using Vegas.

Sorry to hear that you have several screws loose... :O)

I had a loose screw in my shoulder after a running accident last year, was a big problem until the screw was removed.

After the tissue had healed, I still had a lot of pain. X-rays showed no obvious cause, so I was on my own. Took ashwagandha (1 tsp boiled in 12 oz. water 2x/day), it killed 80% of the pain in 24 hours and the rest over the next three days. Whole Foods has "Organic India" brand capsules that are 100% real thing, the other brands have a lot of filler. This is not a "painkiller," it just fixed the cause of the pain.

In my case, the healing took an extra six months, which was found to be caused by very high triglycerides that dramatically reduced circulation to the capillaries. Good to check if injuries don't heal normally, seems doctors never think of this.

At least my pelvic bolt is still working...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Spot!
apit34356 wrote on 7/13/2010, 11:54 AM
Ouch! But DSE, just admit you busted those screws while partying with all those Las Vegas dancers....... remember this the vegas forum, secrets are safe...nothing leaves it.......... not even Apple fan-boys or their moderators ;-)