Strange behavior of the In and Out points in DVDA

melomano wrote on 2/15/2003, 6:51 AM
Hi everyone;

After having send this same message to the costumer support, with no answer from them, I decided to give it a try here, though apparently none of you guys have encontered the same problem (at least I didn't find any mention of it in the forums); hopefully some of you will have a helpful sugestion.

I built a rather simple DVDA project - just a main menu and a chapters page plus a single video, 39 minutes long (so i'm not overloading the proggie).
The source file was a DV file with a wav pcm 48.0 stereo soundtrack.
As it had extra material before and after the wanted footage, I used the In and Out points to delimit the wanted footage to process.
Besides taking an eternity to encode those 40 roughs minutes (over 7 hours!!!), after burning the DVD, I found out that DVD Architect hadn't respected the start and in points I had defined in the project... It begun the burn from the beginnings of the file, not from the choosen in point. Perhaps because of that, all the chapter markings went absolutely off the mark; 4 of those didn't even appear marked. (12 chapters in the DVD instead of the expected 16)
Though it does seem to have respected the out point for the video part of the file, if continued processing and burning the audio file beyong the out point till the end of the file!!!!
I duly verified the project, and all seems well in it, the preview works like a charm, and as desired. Only the actual burned projects does not!
This is a most serious problem, which prevents the apparently convenient use of the in and out points to choose the part of the file to burn.

Can any of you guys give any helping suggestions?

Thanking you in advance, yours friendly

Joao Gaspar

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...