Strange problem with account and serial numbers

Bob Greaves wrote on 2/21/2013, 7:47 PM
I am having several problems with my account:

1) I can log into my account. I can find my orders and all my software registrations except for Vegas Pro 12 and DVD Architect 6. My order for it shows up under my orders, but there is no serial number for it in My Software

2) I tried to log in and forgot my password so I tried to get it to send me my username and password, but no email came even though it IS the email I use.

Fortunately I remembered my password and was able to log in. But I am surprised that I could not generate an email nor do I have the serial numbers. I need.

I filled out a contact support request, but I am mentioning it in here aslo just in case there seems to be a problem with my contacting support.

Has anyone else seen this? Ant advice?

Comments

richard-amirault wrote on 2/21/2013, 8:54 PM
I don't believe just ordering software will put it in "your software" ... you have to register the new software for that to happen.
Chienworks wrote on 2/22/2013, 6:55 AM
Yet another reason why the serial number should show up under My Orders.
Former user wrote on 2/22/2013, 7:57 AM
I recently had the same sort of problem. I did register my copy of V12 and it showed up in my account / my software. But, the next time I checked it wasn't there. So, I tried to manually enter my serial number in the "missing software" dialog box, but nothing appeared to happen.

Anyway -- I called SCS customer (it took a few calls over a couple of days to get someone) and it turned out that I had two accounts under the same email address. She wasn't sure how that could even happen, but she "merged" them and now everything shows up as it should...

Jim
TheHappyFriar wrote on 2/22/2013, 8:11 PM
Anyway -- I called SCS customer (it took a few calls over a couple of days to get someone) and it turned out that I had two accounts under the same email address. She wasn't sure how that could even happen, but she "merged" them and now everything shows up as it should...

Easy. I had (have?) two too. One was for the old SF forum & one is for the new support section. The old SF forum and support were the same. SCS added a separate support section that made things confusing.