TEXT AND TITLER in VEGAS 13 NOT SEEING FONTS

zabbler wrote on 9/22/2014, 3:14 PM
My company has a custom font which must be used for all video productions. I have two editing systems on Windows 7 that I just upgraded from Vegas 12 to Vegas 13. On both systems some of our company font are detected, by the T&T editor, but they do not display properly and you cannot edit any of the properties. For instance, if you select BOLD, it bolds in the T&T editor window, but not in the project. Luckily I did not uninstall 12. We will need to use 12 until 13 is fixed. I've seen this problem mentioned in several different threads. Anybody know if SCS is addressing? FYI we have been a Vegas shop since version 7 and never had this problem.

Comments

DavidMcKnight wrote on 9/22/2014, 3:46 PM
It's a known bug in the new titlers, been around since version 8 I think. Search the forum for more details. I don't think it happens at all in the Legacy Titler (now part of Generated Media)

Yes, it should have been fixed a long time ago.

<edit> Probably not all new titlers, only the ones that are native. I'm guessing NewBlueFX Titler Pro handles them properly. JetDV?
YesMaestro wrote on 9/22/2014, 4:00 PM
I had a similar issue with it not being able to see a regular font, Arial Black. I was able to change it with the help of Vegasaur. Maybe it will help you.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=4&MessageID=903835

Paul
NormanPCN wrote on 9/22/2014, 6:49 PM
Known problem that has always existed in Titles and Text. The bug probably dates back to V11, when I think T&T first showed up. I reported this to SCS March '13 in VP12, and they said it was a known issue then.

Obviously SCS does not think it is worth fixing. They have had at least couple of years to do so.

Legacy Text and Protype titler have not shown this problem for me.
NewBlue titler pro is fine as well.

Because of this I use Legacy text for my simple text and not T&T.
zabbler wrote on 9/23/2014, 1:17 PM
Thanks everyone... no urgency for us to use 13... so we will likely hang back on 12 and see what happens in 14.
NormanPCN wrote on 9/23/2014, 2:31 PM
Titles and Text with many fonts in V12 is just as broken as V13.

It has always been broken.