Text template

fleeper wrote on 11/3/2004, 10:12 AM
Ok here goes: I am trying to make a template for text---I want the event to be 5 seconds long, to have the right type and size of text and I want it to fade in and out.

I can make a template, but everytime I make one, the event length goes back to the original size of 9 seconds and change. It also does not keep the fades on both sides.

This is for a memorial service--the video is just a picture show basically, and I would like to have a text template for the names.

Thanks for any tips,

Fleeper

Comments

gogiants wrote on 11/4/2004, 9:32 AM
Would copying and pasting an event with the correct formatting and fade in/out settings do what you want to do? (Maybe that was a silly question!)

Another thought: You could use one of the credit roll options to do this... some of them allow you to specify the fade in/out speed, etc.
SonyTSW wrote on 11/5/2004, 7:40 PM
You can set the length in the Video Event Properties dialog. Click on the FX icon in the lower right corner of your text event. Type in the value you want in the Media length edit box in the upper right of this dialog.

Then to fade it in, drag the opacity fade envelope (cursor changes to a quarter circle with an arrow through it) from the upper left corner. Do a similar thing in the upper right corner of the event to fade it out. After you have created the fade envelope you can right click on it to change the shape of the curve.