THIS FORUM ROCKS! - THANK YOU!

graphic_girl wrote on 2/5/2011, 10:41 PM
Newbie here to say that... THIS FORUM ROCKS!

Am print media/graphic designer... thrown in deep end with video project (ok.. I volunteered --- STUPID!)... company bought me VP10 based on MY recommendation... then I had waaaaaay too many questions... found this forum... asked... and....

YOU GUYS ROCKED MY WORLD... solved my problems... and helped me learn this software (somewhat) in RECORD TIME!

So HATS OFF TO YOU ALL... and eternal gratefulness... et. al.

gg :-) (still doing the happy dance of joy!) THANK YOU!!!

Comments

Grazie wrote on 2/6/2011, 12:30 AM
Aw man! I'm real pleased for you! I'm real glad you found support here. Always ask and don't hold back if you don't understand an explanation.

Also, to have you here with your graphics experience will only add to the sum total of this Forum's value.

A Win-Win!!

Grazie

amendegw wrote on 2/6/2011, 3:39 AM
gg,

You have the right attitude! You came to this forum with a humble request, recognizing that the forum participants can be a big help.

All too often users, new to Vegas, come here with the preconceived notion that they know more than the experts, argue with them, and end up blaming Vegas. Not a great experience. Oft times they end up banned from the forum.

So, it was a pleasure helping you - with your great attitude!

...Jerry (who doesn't consider himself an "expert", but rather an "intermediate" - who learns from the true "experts" every day.)

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
System: Windows 11 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory: 64.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 527.56 Dec 2022)
Overclock Off

Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (12TB Total):
OS Drive: PM981a NVMe SAMSUNG 2048GB
Data Drive1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Data Drive2: Samsung SSD 870 QVO 8TB

USB: Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2, DisplayPort 1.2, Thunderbolt 3

Cameras:
Canon R5
Canon R3
Sony A9

monoparadox wrote on 2/6/2011, 8:06 AM
Hang around a bunch of old men long enough and you find out they still have something to offer the world. ;-)
monoparadox wrote on 2/6/2011, 8:06 AM
Hang around a bunch of old men long enough and you find out they still have something to offer the world. ;-)
rs170a wrote on 2/6/2011, 8:25 AM
Watch who you're calling old!!
I still have 5 months until the big six o :)

As others have already said, it's greatly appreciated when someone you've been helping takes the time to come back and say thanks.

Mike
GerryLeacock wrote on 2/6/2011, 10:52 AM
The big 6-0 was no big deal to me. I just tell people that I enjoyed turning 30 so much that I did it twice! 63 this June and still learning new things.

Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Why, just last week my wife taught me to fetch. :)

Gerry
ushere wrote on 2/6/2011, 2:43 PM
gerry - mine taught me to sit and beg (when we got married)......

btw 63 - mentally about 26'ish, physically about 104....
Steve Mann wrote on 2/6/2011, 6:40 PM
FINALLY! I am not the oldest guy on the forum.....

DSCalef wrote on 2/6/2011, 8:11 PM
"btw 63 - mentally about 26'ish, physically about 104...."

I feel (and act) the same way! But I am 66,
MUTTLEY wrote on 2/6/2011, 10:53 PM

So glad ya had a good response here, when I joined these forums on 12/8/2002 there was so much that I didn't know. Question after noobie question there was always someone here to set me on the right path. I can't count how many times I've been in some dire situation, posted a desperate plea on here and gotten responses that saved me within the hour.

Despite the occasional politics, egos, rants, raves and minor spats there's still a lot of good to be had here. And to me all those little conflicts are just part of what makes it the great community that it is. =)

- Ray
Underground Planet
graphic_girl wrote on 2/7/2011, 10:44 AM
LOLOL to all... my "rockin' helpers"...

hmmmm... or should I say ROCKING CHAIR helpers... ;-p

(sorry couldn't help myself... lol... and don't let the "girl" in graphic_girl fool ya... I'm older than I look... (sound)... lol)

... and THANKS AGAIN!

Video presentation to boss today was a smashing success... video uploaded to "Brainshark"'s "washing machine" and DESPITE THAT... it STILL looks AND sounds good... thanks to all for all of your help!!!

gg :-)
earthrisers wrote on 2/7/2011, 5:43 PM
Aw, ya bunch of young whippersnappers!
I'm 67, and still learning new things all the time.
As evidenced, in part, that in this beloved Forum, I ask more questions (and get good answers) than I provide answers to other people's...

Our niche is event videography, mainly for schools and performing-arts organizations. Two cameras, 4 to 6 channels of audio (often, some audio is recorded to external recorders like Zoom H4N, in addition to the cameras' audio tracks). Sometimes it's the quality of our audio that does the most to keep us ahead of Mommy & Daddy's hand-held, audience-based camcorders at these events.
rs170a wrote on 2/7/2011, 5:59 PM
hmmmm... or should I say ROCKING CHAIR helpers... ;-p

Very good comeback :)
You'll fit in just fine here!!

Video presentation to boss today was a smashing success...

Congratulations!!
All those sleepless nights were worth it !!

Mike
Steve Mann wrote on 2/7/2011, 9:32 PM
Well, this old-fat got off his rocking chair and went skiing this morning.
Rory Cooper wrote on 2/7/2011, 10:16 PM
Yea sure Steve here is another guy falling and referring to it as skiing

gpsmikey wrote on 2/8/2011, 8:55 AM
Drat - blocked here in the states.
Hey Steve - did you mean "old-fat" or "old-fart" :-)

mikey (old-fat)
GerryLeacock wrote on 2/8/2011, 9:26 AM
They should rename this forum "The Geriatric Ward".

Anyone up for meeting for dinner tonight - the Early Bird special of course.

Gerry (short for geriatric) Leacock