timeline invisible

pb21 wrote on 10/6/2009, 6:56 AM
My pc turned off due to powercut during an editing session. the autorepair did not work. On opening the project i can see in the monitor output the video. the timeline appears to be gone yet if i click in the blank space i can move throughout the video.

Yesterday all came back suddenly and let me edit more, today its gone invisible again.
Is better described as timeline there but no tracks visible yet if i click in the space where the track should be the output moves.

Not sure what to do now. I did reinstall vegas to no effect.

Comments

Grazie wrote on 10/6/2009, 7:13 AM
Maybe you have inadvertently MAXED the video Bus Track? Can you get to the VEgas Toolbar? If so Go View > View Bus Track and try switching this OFF and see what happens? - The Keystroke is Ctrl+Shift+B . . Mind you a reinstall would have set to default . .. errmmm , . .. . Try a Factory Reset?

Can you see ANYTHING of Vegas? Project Media . . . Explorer? Can you start a brand new Project?

Grazie
pb21 wrote on 10/6/2009, 7:28 AM
starting a brand new project is possible and previous projects are ok. the trimmer is also affected. i wonder if the hard drive is causing this, when it came back and i saw the timeline i saved as a new project but the new project is the same
so maybe thats the logic that says its the hard drive.
pb21 wrote on 10/6/2009, 7:29 AM
just copying the whole folder to a new drive see what happens then
pb21 wrote on 10/6/2009, 7:52 AM
looks file related as its come back again and i can see the videos in the project media tab as before they were there but just blank.how can i copy the project but get it to point to a different drive.
Grazie wrote on 10/6/2009, 9:34 AM
You can see the Media in the Project Media? Well try this, Right click on one in the Project Media and where it says "Replace . . " Go fetch!

Grazie
Laurence wrote on 10/6/2009, 9:54 AM
It sounds like the power outage may have damaged your graphics card. Are you missing sections of any other programs? Have you tried reinstalling Vegas?