Just received an email from NewBlueFX advertising Titler 4. Went to have a look but couldn't see an upgrade path from T3 in my account. But it got me wondering if this will be packaged with a new version of Vegas..!
If they do that I may give it another try. I only get the even numbered upgrades and when I bought 10 or 12 - I think it was 12, I tried Titler pro2 (which came with it for an extra $100) and it crashed constantly. I removed it from my system as I have deadlines to meet and do not have time for that nonsense. I thought it was a shame because I would love to have what it was advertised to do if it really works.
Titler Pro 1 & 2 crashed Vegas a lot for me too. Titler 3 seems nice and stable for me with Vegas 13 so far. I'm gonna sit on upgrading to Titler 4 for now though as the previous Vegas updates have offered the latest Titler at a good price. I also can't see any upgrade options for Titler 4 in my NB control panel.
Hopefully TP4 finally supports and uses font kerning table info. Pretty much all fonts have this and it seems silly for an application whose sole purpose is to output text, does not support font kerning info. Even the ancient Vegas legacy text plugin supports font kerning tables.
JBird, Titler Pro 1 was bundled with Vegas Pro 12. Did you try any of the newer builds of Titler Pro 2? If there's any issues, you simply need to contact NewBlue Support and we'll certainly help you get it working.
I have the same question from the TP4 upgrade page. The Upgrade is $99 which is only for plain TP4. I have TP3 Ultimate and TP4 ultimate "upgrade" is $99+$99. I already paid for the lower 3rds and text style packs and they are not changed in TP4. Only the application itself has changed in TP4.
Is there any way to install those items from the TP3 Ultimate install file into TP4?
Can I get separate install executables for those items so I can install them into TP4?
...or am I stuck spending $99 extra/again for those items I already have?
Agreed guys. I saw the $99 LESS for newcomers to TP4, and ignored TP4 on solely that email, and then thought to check my own NB Account - nada . . . . That was until I came here and read this Thread.
Will somebody (Edward) from NewBlue please explain why none of us have been offered an UPGRADE ($99) pathway, from within our own accounts? It's "as if" NB can't see the money I've invested in their products and that the division that offers the UPGRADE path has nothing to do with their own customers accounts. Weird, which I find not a little disturbing too.
All that being said, I'm reviewing the TP4 Uli Videos, and truly really straining to see what I would be getting? I don't have AE.
I won't be upgrading because I don't see much improvement for VP owners. I also don't understand why, as TP3 owners we weren't given a heads up on this. When the bundles were reorganised it meant that to upgrade the NB plugins I own would cost $500 including discounts (to buy each bundle that contained some of the plugins I own.) Apart from reorganising the bundles there didn't seem much else that was new in the plugins so I bought the lifetime Red Giant Universe sub for $399 instead. In fact I got it for much less in the RG sale. I really don't find NBFX upgrade prices and new features very competitive since the bundle reorganisation.
As for the Styles packages, if you have Titler Pro 3 Ultimate, you only need Titler Pro 4 Basic as all the styles packages included in TP3 still work in TP4
But apparently no way to install them since the TP3 Ultimate bundle has its own installer and activation code. I doubt TP3U installs the styles into TP4 if it sees such an installation. Maybe TP4 replaces TP3. Then it would seem one has to install TP3U first and then TP4.
TPro 4 would only crash on my installation of Vegas Pro 14. To make things work, I had to downgrade to version 3. Ended up uninstalling Vegas Pro14, uninstalling TP3 and reinstalling TPro4 and use Vegas Pro 13.
James, to get Titler Pro 4 in VP14, you will need to reinstall. Anyone having issues, please contact support at newblueinc.com. I'm still waiting on the new builds and will post the information once I have it.
I couldn't use My already installed Titler Pro 3 with my trial of Vegas Pro 14 and to date the only reply I get is that titler Pro express comes with VP14. My question is why didn't it work with the trial and why an I expected to pay for a feature in the new software that I already have. This has been round and round for nearly a month with no reponse, reply or valid explanation. All i seem to get is I can't use the 3rd party software. Does anyone from New Blue or Magix want to take a stab at this so I can decide wether to upgrade or not. I am not into paying for the same product twice.