toolbar icons reset to .dll files

DGrob wrote on 5/5/2005, 11:12 AM
I have both Excaliber 4.1 and UltimateS folders in my script menu folder. I can add the toolbar icons to both scripts to my toolbar.

1. When I next close and open V6, the icons have reset to a .dll and generate an error when clicked.
2. If I immediately "rescan script menu" following adding the correct and fully functional icons to the toolbar, they both immediately reset to the .dll setting.

Been working it a bit, confused. Thanks in advance, Darryl

Comments

PAW wrote on 5/5/2005, 11:40 AM

this is fixed in the latest version of UltimateS, V6 of vegas gets confused between the script and the dll if used on the toolbar, it was flagged as an issue as part of the beta I believe but not perceived as an issue, not sure of the logic there.

4.1 of Excalibur I didn't know it was available i would have expected it to fix it

Paul
DGrob wrote on 5/5/2005, 11:55 AM
Paul, thanks. I uninstalled and updated Ultimate S and it seems to work. I reviewed a post several days past re this issue and will verify my version of E4 as well.

Darryl
PAW wrote on 5/5/2005, 12:16 PM
i just downloaded 4.1 of Excalibur and the dll and the js file have the same name so i think the problem will still exist in Excalibur

Paul
jetdv wrote on 5/5/2005, 1:38 PM
At this point in time, the dll file for Excalibur 4 cannot be run directly. You should only run the "Excalibur.js" file or any of the standalone tools.

Here's something you could try that might alleviate the problem you are seeing:
1) Right-click Excalibur.js and choose COPY
2) Right-click a blank area in the same folder and choose PASTE SHORTCUT
3) Rename it to Excalibur4.js (i.e. add the 4 and remove the "shortcut to " prefix)
4) Right-click Excalibur.js.png and choose COPY
5) Right-click a blank area in the same folder and choose PASTE SHORTCUT
6) Rename it to Excalibur4.js.lnk.png

By adding the "Excalibur4" link to the toolbar, that might solve your problem.

On the many machines I have tested on, I have yet to see the dll be switched out for the js when added to the toolbar. I would be interested in seeing a complete list of files listed in your Script Menu folder (including upper/lower case of all.) Could you e-mail me that list?

DGrob wrote on 5/5/2005, 2:55 PM
Absolutely Edward. I was headed to your home with this next. Thank you, Darryl
PAW wrote on 5/5/2005, 11:08 PM
hi jetdv

I tried renaming the js file on v4.0 and had problems with it, i'll try again and see how it goes with 4.1

the toollbar switching between the dll and the js file of the same name definatley exists i get it every time

you helped me out on another forum with the icons not being 16x16 and not displaying properley, if i had one icon as 16x16 it would throw all the others out so perhpas the same is happening here i.e one conflict screws up the whole thing

i'll check it out later and see if i can put some logic to it

Paul
jetdv wrote on 5/6/2005, 6:45 AM
With the release of Excalibur 4.2 (doing final testing now), the DLL can be run directly in Vegas 6 so this will no longer be a problem. Version 4.2 will also fix a problem caused by a scripting command that now behaves differently and could create a Multi-Cam master track that is out of sync. With version 4.2, it will be in sync. There are eight more additions to functionality included as well. Look for it soon.
jetdv wrote on 5/6/2005, 11:33 AM
The Excalibur 4.2 update can be found at:
Excalibur 4.2 Update

If you are using 4.0, it is recommended that you uninstall 4.0 before installing 4.2. If you are using 4.1, it should be fine to simply install 4.2 over 4.1.

The following changes were made in this version:

Version 4.2
1. Added Alpha Channel options to the Video Properties tool.
2. Storyboard Wizard can now save snapshots as JPG or PNG.
3. Storyboard Wizard can now use the marker labels as the base file name.
4. Storyboard Wizard can now append the timecode to the file name.
5. PBS Wizard can now apply Match Aspect instead of needing a separate step.
6. PBS Wizard can now automatically pan the images.
7. PBS Wizard can now turn on Reduce Interlace Flicker.
8. Velocity Wizard can now apply the specified velocity or freeze frame on all selected events under the cursor at the cursor location.
9. Fixed Multi-Cam dissolves to not cause out of sync events on the Master track in Vegas 6.0a.
10. The Excalibur.dll file can now be executed directly in Vegas 6.

JHendrix wrote on 5/11/2005, 8:43 PM
i have yet to find the storybord...where is it?
jetdv wrote on 5/11/2005, 8:55 PM
Storyboard Wizard is on the Assets tab
JHendrix wrote on 5/18/2005, 11:42 AM
i have seen the wizard and pressed it but where is the storyboard?
jetdv wrote on 5/18/2005, 12:06 PM
The storyboard wizard will save a series of images or video files to a specified folder. You then have to open Windows Explorer if you want to see the images and move them around. This is all explained in the manual.

Basically it's a very good means of collecting a series of snapshots/short video files in a variety of ways.