Track Motion / rotation

Darren-Russell wrote on 10/3/2020, 4:43 PM

I am trying to spin a picture in picture trak IN PLACE, right now now matter what I choose the track motion windows shows exaclty the motion I want, however the preview shows the item rotating like a fan blade all around my video. I've seen another post where it was said deselect "edit in object space" which seemingly does nothing at all for me. Is this not even possible? I would not think so, probably just me being foolish. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? (vegas pro 18) (edit) I found that the only part of my video that acts this way is the one with the Picture in Picture applied, and that was the problem apparently it changes the physics of the object when that effect is applied. I imagine it was by design to create that fan blade effect. So, this is solved for me, don't use picture in picture if you want to spin in place...LOL

Comments

jetdv wrote on 10/4/2020, 7:15 AM

I typically use Pan/Crop for that. In fact, there's a "Newspaper Spin" tool in Excalibur that does exactly that for you named for the newspaper spinning you would see at the beginning of the old Batman series.

michael-harrison wrote on 10/4/2020, 10:27 AM

If you don't actually need the track to rotate, use the PIP fx on the event.

Otherwise just keyframe the track rotation to get the precise movement you need.

Some of the techniques are covered here

System 1:

Processor        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product        ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)        32.0 GB

Adapter Description        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Driver Version        Studio <the latest stable>

Resolution        1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Video Memory 6G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720

Core i7-7700 2.8Ghz quad core, 8 logical

16G ram

Intel HD 630 gpu

Nvidia GTX 1050 gpu