Comments

Geoff_Wood wrote on 10/27/2003, 10:25 PM
CD-TEXT is not supported in CDA5 - do a search of the forum. We wish it was.

geoff
Studio_de_Lara wrote on 10/28/2003, 8:22 PM
Thanks Geoff!
Man that really blows!!
Guess I find a different app, probably Samplitude.
I can't believe something as simple as CD-Text is not supported.
This really pisses me off.!!!
Why did I waste my money for a "Pro" app that can't do this simple function?
Why is this called CD Architect, when you can't provide the CD Information?
I am blown away......
Bad enough you can pretty much do the same thing in Vegas (which I also spent money on).
Guess I can't really justify anymore upgrades.
Thanks again for the info Geoff,
Regards,
Rich
Geoff_Wood wrote on 10/29/2003, 3:47 PM
But then again, why did you not check this first ? CDA5 claims to be a fully Red Book compliant CD authoring app. CD-TEXT is not part of Red Book,.

geoff.

PS - yes it is a simple addition, and they should do it to retain credibility, if not to support the customers who have invested in it.
kbruff wrote on 11/5/2003, 6:36 PM
MY CD player will not play CD's that are made from CD-R's but rather CD's made from original audio cd manufacturers. is there a way to get CDA5 to burn in format for older cd players that cannot read CDR discs.

Another issue is that can CDA5 apply equal loudness contour?

I know that there is a normalize routine, but it is not based on the RMS value, but rather the peak value -- which is slighly deceptive, because if there is an peak such as minute pop, then the normalization routine uses this minute contribution as the maximum value. However utilization of the RMS value is more realistic, since it is continuos identification of audio signal strength.
captn_spalding wrote on 11/6/2003, 9:35 AM
You have answered your own question: CDA burns CD-R's, your CD player cannot read CD-R's, therefore CDA can not burn a CD-R that your CD player can read. :-) The issue is more than likely a media one. Try different media and you may find one that works in your CD player. For me Taiyo Yuden's are the ones that works on every CD player I've tried. Other folks might tell you to burn at a slower speed. I, personally, have never seen this make a difference, but I still don't burn over 16x other than for my own use.

..spalding
Geoff_Wood wrote on 11/8/2003, 2:18 PM
If your CD player cannot play CD-Rs, then it is a crap CD player. Replace it. Many older carusel (changers) car players, and ghetto-basters are crap. CD-Rs are a good way to test the quality of a potential purchase.

Or you are using crap media. Cheap is cheap for a reason (though you can sometime get lucky). Taiyo Yuden (TY, THATs) and Mitsui are recognised as most 'compatible' with a range of players.

Or is your player actually a first generation DVD ? Replace it too.

Your equal-loudness thinng - CDA5 accepts any DX plugins, including SF's own WavceHan=mmer, and other like Waves L1, L2, etc, etc, etc .
Alien_1 wrote on 1/25/2004, 11:05 AM
<<<<<<<<<SOLUTION FOR CD TEXT:>>>>>>>>>>
Try ^^^^FEURIO^^^^^^,simply FEURIO. $29.00 US
http://www.feurio.de/English/
I am the same opinion, I was had with this software. It is effective for what it has to do and it is very well so(is powerful). But why to have included a zone text which at any practical end is of use to nothing.
I do not dare to say to you the quantity of CD which I wasted to try to gull of the CD text. That make me a beautiful package of frisbi for the next summer.
jardeano wrote on 1/27/2004, 7:56 PM
wow,, this is the third time I'm posting this in the forum,,, why not,,, you can do it through windows media player,,,what I do to acomplish what you would like to do is ,,,after I burn my cd in cd5 I open it up in media player and copy it then write in the boxes,artist,,title genre,etc (right click under the titles,-,edit )what I would like then I burn the cd then when I insert the cd in another computer it opens in windows media player with all the info I edited,,,my name etc. I don't mind the work around,,,,,,,,,,,
the_learninator wrote on 1/27/2004, 8:32 PM
Yea this is pretty crappy. I have CD Architect ANNNND Nero (newest version) and neither of them do CD-TEXT (even though nero claims it does). It’s a sad day when Microsoft free media player out performs programs that are suppose to specialize in cd creation. All I can say is C'moooon 5.5 don't let me down!
Rednroll wrote on 1/30/2004, 5:45 AM
"I have CD Architect ANNNND Nero (newest version) and neither of them do CD-TEXT "

Maybe, you need to crack open the manual in Nero and do a little reading, before making statements. It's as easy as putting in a check in the "Write CD TEXT on CD" checkbox. So Yes, Nero does indeed support CD text, the latest version and v5.5. This is what I have to use to get the CD text feature, while for every other thing I use Sony apps.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 1/30/2004, 12:50 PM
Kbruff,

>"Another issue is that can CDA5 apply equal loudness contour?"

Back to CDA5 and lack of Equal Loudness Contour" - thats what the plugin slots are for. Try WaveHammer for a start, of fork out the extra for Waves MAstering Bundle plugins.

CDA5 cxan apply anything that exists in a DX plugin.

geoff
kbruff wrote on 2/1/2004, 10:39 PM
Hello Geoff,

I am actually familiar with the DX pluggin capabilities of CDA5, the only issue that restrains me from employing them as I would in Batch Converter, is that greatly slows down the CD generation process.

I have had occassions where my system has taken almost 1 hour and 15 minutes just to produce a CD with some DX pluggin additions, while without pluggins it takes a fraction of thetime.

I have Ozone, and BBE Sonic Maximize all of which are commonly employed in SF7, and Batch Converter.

System specs
1) 2.4 GHZ
2) 800 MHZ FSB
3) 2 GB Ram
4) one 40 GB HD for recording and editing
5) two 160 GB HD for arching and program files, etc.
6) Sony Drumax DVD burner
7) Memorex CD burner 52 x 48 x 24 CD burner

So I have been surprised at how much time it takes when I use a few pluggins.

Thanks for your replies,
Kevin
MasterSweet wrote on 2/13/2004, 2:00 AM
I hope you all realise the decrease in quality of sound that as well Mediaplayer (in particular) but also Nero Burning will account for. That's for me the great thing about CDA: after you burn your masterered or edited soundfiles they still sound the same. Check it! You'll be surprised.
But anyway, I came to this forum for the same reason of this topic.
"Sony, be more than 'RedBook'!"
drbam wrote on 2/13/2004, 6:32 AM
If you have a "decrease in quality of sound" related to Nero then there's a problem somewhere within your system. If Nero indeed caused such a thing, you'd find it described in virtually EVERY audio forum on the net which obviously is not the case. ;-)

drbam