Transistion Troubles!

jrazz wrote on 6/11/2005, 12:12 PM
I am running Vegas 6.0a
Athlon XP 64 3200+
2 gigs of ram
256DDR nvidia gforce video card
XP Pro SP2
6 160gb hard drives
I am saving and editing on a different hard drive than what the program is installed on.

MY PROBLEM:
I am rendering to AVI for output to tape. On the preview window the transistions are smooth (running in preview auto). On Windows Media Player, they are choppy. I used every transistion included with Vegas on a 10 minute slide show in between pictures. No effects were added.
If I saved it as an mpg2 would I still have the same problem? Do you know what causes it or how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

seanfl wrote on 6/11/2005, 12:23 PM
it's tough to know since you're dealing with pictures whether the problem lies in the entire project (slow video frame rate?) or what. I'd try to render out a portion of your video to a AVI file with DV codec and see how it plays.

could it be that your computer is not playing the windows media file very well? Try another machine?

I'd tend to think your entire project might be choppy but you don't see it since it's pictures (which once established are not difficult to make look nice compared to video).

Sean
jrazz wrote on 6/11/2005, 1:36 PM
Actually, it has something to do with the media player (I actually tried several media players on the computer). I went a head and used Vegas 5 to output it to tape as I cannot in Vegas 6 just to see and it showed up fine.
I made one in mpg2 and it worked fine on windows media player. I guess that my machine or media players just have trouble running uncompressed avi files.
Spot|DSE wrote on 6/11/2005, 2:11 PM
Most machines will have trouble playing back uncompressed avi files. Unless you've got a super screamin' machine, and the spec's you posted doesn't fit that description, you wont get good playback of uncompressed.
What is your source media? If it's DV, there is little value in going uncompressed unless you're moving back and forth between another application for editing.