Comments

stepfour wrote on 2/25/2004, 9:30 PM
One of the currently running TV ad's that I like a lot is the BMW ad for their X3 SUV type thing. The vehicle is shown moving along as various weather conditions and seasons appear in video pie slices and sections rotating all around it. The vehicle is in it's own space, yet in every section, too. Everytime I see it I wonder how much work and what kind of tools it took to produce it. I'd bet something like that could be made in Vegas.
dara wrote on 2/26/2004, 8:01 PM
I have thought the same thing.
did you sit down to work on it?
I'd love to know how you did it.
dara
kentwolf wrote on 2/26/2004, 8:05 PM
It is kinda funny, when you start getting in to Vegas, and even editing, in general, everything you see, you wonder, "Hmmmmm...I'll bet I could do that in Vegas!" :)
cosmo wrote on 2/26/2004, 8:21 PM
...most things I see cause the same thoughts these days. What I'm learning is that the technical stuff has to be a given. The real art is in the composition of the shot, for me that is. And the idea. Technology just brings it to life. I think there are a ton of things you can do with Vegas if you just let you imagination fly!
stepfour wrote on 2/26/2004, 9:40 PM
"did you sit down to work on it?"

No, I didn't try it, but that's an interesting thought. I imagine it's done with some sort of high-end rotoscope tool, a whole lot of keyframing and a whole lot of video tracks. Might be something interesting to play with in the future.