Two Projects - want same menus

GaryAshorn wrote on 12/26/2006, 6:46 PM
OK, I have a traveling music concert we did a few years ago in Scotland. The musician sells them but all in NTSC. However, he does travel Europe as well a lot and needs some PAL versions. I updated the master in VV for DVD products and all is well. I re-rendered for PAL and it appears to be fine. However, I want the exact same menus. How can I copy the entire NTSC version menu to the PAL version. I tried copy to Themes but it resides on my "C:" drive and there is not enough room. So how can I export Themes to another location and will that be the method to use it on the other project? I actually want all parts, background, buttons, flle locations etc to be copied. Thanks

Gary

Comments

TheHappyFriar wrote on 12/26/2006, 7:37 PM
couldn't you just copy/paste the project file, then in the PAL one change the project format to PAL & replace the vid's with PAL video?
GaryAshorn wrote on 12/26/2006, 7:45 PM
OK, I am not sure I follow as I have not used DVDA much. But let me see. The video and audio files are separate from the project information. The project, video and audio files all have the same name with different extensions and that is how DVDA knows to put them together. So keep the video and audio file named and rendered just as they are, copy the NTSC project file and rename to match the PAL renders and that should do it? Hmmm.....so simple it boggles an AGGIE's mind, well if we had one. All the markers, button files etc are all the same, I just changed the video format and made a matching audio one. Have I got that right? If so...THANKS and I will try it.

Gary
GaryAshorn wrote on 12/26/2006, 7:58 PM
OK, I copied and renamed the two files and put them with the PAL files and they play fine in the Preview. I will prepare and burn tomorrow. Thank you so much. I should have realized the menu and objects etc are not in the video/audio but the project files. I thank you so much. Happy New Years.

Gary
DrLumen wrote on 12/26/2006, 9:57 PM
If you haven't done so, you will have to change the project type. This is in File | Properties | Disc Properties | Video Format.

Just a reminder as I didn't see it mentioned.

edit
-Nevermind, I see it now... duh.

intel i-4790k / Asus Z97 Pro / 32GB Crucial RAM / Nvidia GTX 560Ti / 500GB Samsung SSD / 256 GB Samsung SSD / 2-WDC 4TB Black HDD's / 2-WDC 1TB HDD's / 2-HP 23" Monitors / Various MIDI gear, controllers and audio interfaces

GaryAshorn wrote on 12/27/2006, 6:22 AM
OH, I missed that one. I went back to the properties for the new PAL DVD with the rename NTSC file I copied and changed the video format to PAL. Thanks. Now I will burn it today and then see if my wifes multi-format HDTV computer monitor will recognise it as a PAL video stream. I think that will be a good test.

Gary