Unable to Apply Effects on "muted" audio?

SCT wrote on 7/15/2016, 6:52 PM
I'm putting together a small movie project that's utilizing footage from a Sony AX 53 camcorder outputting in an MP4 format. After importing them, I was able to use audio effects on them, but noticed it clipped in a few spots so i fixed them up in iZotope RX 2. After finishing, I realized that none of my effects have any impact on the audio at all. Also, I noticed the FX button on the the track was crossed out, and when I opened the audio into the FX menu manually it said that the audio was "muted." As an example, the clip is called C0001, so it says C0001 (muted). Even if I import music from iTunes onto a new track it still keeps it "muted", and even if I open the same clip in a new project it still keeps it muted. I'm not sure what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Reinstalled Vegas Pro 13 twice and it did not fix the issue. Vegas refuses to put any effects on any audio I put into it. I am able to do this in Vegas Pro 12, but for some reason it doesn't work in 13 at all.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/18/2016, 9:39 AM
I would suspect the "Bypass all audio FX" to be engaged. There's 'normally' an icon/switch in the toolbar, otherwise it's in the Options menu..
Grazie wrote on 2/13/2018, 2:21 AM
I would suspect the "Bypass all audio FX" to be engaged. There's 'normally' an icon/switch in the toolbar, otherwise it's in the Options menu..

@rraud : Well, that's saved my posterior! 😏

Last changed by Grazie on 2/13/2018, 2:23 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge