Update issues

sam-walker wrote on 11/14/2020, 3:03 PM

Have 18 build 373. I keep getting notified that there is an update available.
When I tell it to install the update, it will download a file. Then, regardless of whether I choose install now or after I close the program, it tells me it can't install the update because vegas is still running. Go to task manager and I can't find anything associated with vegas in the list that i recognize.

BTW, I'm getting sick of issues with the Vegas 365 subscription. I updated and it download Sound forge pro. No serial, then I'm told I'm only supposed to have Audio studio. So I uninstall the pro version and all of my audio studio icons and start menu links disappear. So I have to download the dlm and reinstall it.

At this point, I'm about ready to pay for the non subscription version and update every 2nd version like I used to. At least then the dlm's were correct and installing updates wasn't an issue.

New blue pop up window opens when I load Vegas and I get one script error after another. Any way to turn that Off?

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/15/2020, 9:11 AM

Uninstall Vegas and Sound Forge with a third-party uninstaller that can remove leftover register entries. folders and other pertinent data files the OS uninstall leaves behind and start anew..I have long used Revo Uninstall which is highly regarded and even the 'official' Magix tech support recommends it from time to time Corrupted registry entries are often the root of an abnormal behavior in VP and SF

Whether to continue with the 365 (subscription model) or the permanent apps are up to you, There currently is a deal which includes both Vegas Pro and Sound Forge Pro.

j-v wrote on 11/15/2020, 9:38 AM

Have 18 build 373. I keep getting notified that there is an update available.

This looks not possible to me,build 373 is the latest and the former build was 334.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10 home version 20H2 , i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti, Intel HD graphics 630
Laptop  :Asus EVO37T, W10 home version 20H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, GeF.RTX2070 + Intel HD Graphics 630,NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.VP 17,18 and VMS PL 17 are installed, all latest builds, both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 461.40Studiodriver.both Intel GPU's have
driver: 27.20.100.9168 DHC driver
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!