Upgrade

DJWERs1 wrote on 7/29/2013, 3:48 AM
I have Vegas pro 9 used along side with DVD architecture 5.0 I am interested in up grading to the latest software (Vegas 12 I think ?)
I am wondering what the difference I can expect and if it is worth it or not? Also the cost ?
It has take me along time to get comfortable with Vegas pro 9 and am a bit wary of changing?
I also don't no if DVD architecture needs to be updated also ?
Many thanks in Advance

Comments

ushere wrote on 7/29/2013, 5:05 AM
what format do you shoot / edit?

why now?

what's your sys specs?
MyST wrote on 7/29/2013, 6:43 AM
If you're thinking of upgrading, you only have a couple days left for an awesome deal. 30% off!
I was using Vegas 8.0, and for the sale price, I jumped on it.
For some reason I had to convert my videos off my Fuji HS10 camera using a 3rd party app for them to load in 8.0.
Now, I just drag and drop... no fuss.

Just a couple things to look at though. Vegas 12 is 64 bit only. (I have it on Win7 64 bit) Also, you need a dedicated video card to use the NewBlue Pro Titler. Mine won't work on my Lenovo laptop with an onboard HD4000 video card.

Like I said, for the next couple days only (I think it's good til the end of July) you can get the upgrade dirt cheap, so it's a much easier decision. At least it was for me.
Steve Mann wrote on 7/29/2013, 7:21 AM
You don't have to change. Both licenses are valid and many people keep older versions on their PC's.
Kimberly wrote on 7/29/2013, 7:24 AM
If you look in My Account/My Software, you will see the software registered to you and also the (free) updates and (paid) upgrades available to you.

The upgrades should be at a discounted price that is less than the retail price. I don't know if you will see an upgrade discount from your current version to VP12. Mostly likely the discount will be from your current version to the next version. If that is the case, you could always call SCS and see what they can do for you.

You may be able to get the 30% off deal if you jump on it. July 31 in the end date, yes?

Regards,

Kimberly
DJWERs1 wrote on 7/29/2013, 5:04 PM
Thanks for the response
Why now because my version seems a bit old now
I record in 1080p on a Sony Cam 5.1 surround
I edit in full quality and burn to blu ray
I am on vista 64 bit with a high spec dedicated edit Pc with nothing else on it ie is just used for video editing.
Do you think Vegas 12 is worth the jump ?
Thanks
DJWERs1 wrote on 7/29/2013, 5:06 PM
Thanks for the response
I record in 1080p on a Sony Cam
I edit in full quality and burn to blu ray
I am on vista 64 bit with a high spec dedicated edit Pc with nothing else on it ie is just used for video editing.
Do you think Vegas 12 is worth the jump ?
Thanks
DJWERs1 wrote on 7/29/2013, 5:07 PM
Thanks for the response
So do you mean I can have a situation with pro 9 and 12 on same Pc ?
Thanks
DJWERs1 wrote on 7/29/2013, 5:08 PM
Ok Thanks
videoITguy wrote on 7/29/2013, 6:26 PM
And in double-post as stated: You have no need to upgrade from Pro9 to Pro12. Everything you are doing now, please continue to do the same. Save yourself from heartache.

Hmm, I now notice you are in double post - so my comment applies as well in double.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 7/29/2013, 10:51 PM
Download the demo and check it out. But be quick ....

geoff
Geoff_Wood wrote on 7/29/2013, 10:52 PM
Yep , and 10 and 11 !

geoff