User Presentation

Pedro Rocha wrote on 11/2/2007, 2:36 AM
Hello to everyone,

I have been a Vegas passive user here on the forum, but I would like to present my self.

My real name is Pedro Rocha, I live in Lisbon, Portugal. It's in the tail of Europe just right in front of the US on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

I'm a moderator on a Portuguese forum that's about AV technologies (www.portugalvideo.com), there I'm the Vegas must active user and supporter .

I work in a National Broadcast Television called S.I.C. as a sound technician but my passion is in video acquisition and post-production. I make some video production outside my job just to support my passion. Was in the late years an Adobe Premiere user, but since I discover Vegas I've seen the light and main thing I like is that it's proprietary hardware independent (among other good things).

So my presentation is done and I would like to know if there's other Portuguese users here on the forum?

My best regards to everyone.

Comments

xberk wrote on 11/2/2007, 3:08 AM
Pedro - É um prazer conhecê-lo - I am not Portuguese but I love Lisboa. What a great city. And what beautiful people. Nearby Sintra is my favorite.

Do you know what video editing software they use at SIC Notícias ?

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit

Grazie wrote on 11/2/2007, 3:11 AM
Welcome Aboard!

I really enjoyed my visit to your country. Spent time in Estoril & Cascais AND in Lisbon. I just wish I had had a video camera at Sintra! Unbelievable!

What you MIGHT do is go to http://www.vegasusers.com/whereareyou/Go to our very own "Chienworks" site's "WHERE ARE YOU?" page![/link] - You will see Portugal and if you click on that I have already determined at least 6 Vegas Users in Portugal. Looks like you may have some colleagues there? Or, jump across to Brazil?

Best of luck! Again, welcome aboard!

Grazie

Grazie wrote on 11/2/2007, 3:13 AM
xberk? At Sintra, we actually WALKED all the way up to the top!!! Mad . ... but some amazing rock pools and natural forest settings on the way. Outstanding!

Grazie
Grazie wrote on 11/2/2007, 3:17 AM
Ah! Pedro . . I've just seen your name there - - ok . . G
farss wrote on 11/2/2007, 3:32 AM
Welcome on board, I'm not Portuguese, never been there either unfortunately but I think there's a little Portuguese blood flowing in my veins from around 300 years ago.
It would be nice to have more people from other parts of the world joining in here.

Bob.
Pedro Rocha wrote on 11/2/2007, 4:02 AM
At the moment I live in Cascais near Sintra and I really like it here.

As for SIC Notícias I'm working at the moment on it, but they don't use Vegas!!! This is Broadcast, here the video editor must have a tight integration with the news base system that we have http://www.enps.com. We use Sony ClipEdit, this is an old system that comes from 2000 but we are about to change to Sonaps.

More info how it works:
Sony News Base

For me Vegas was projected to work as a stand alone editor, but Sony could embraced to work in broadcast news. The ENG crews work with Canopus Edius Broadcast, unfortunately the Sony representative couldn't convince them to use Vegas, but I think politics was involved with the decision.

PS: how do I substitute a word for a link, were can I find the forum coding to do that, thanks.
John_Cline wrote on 11/2/2007, 4:56 AM
Pedro,

Welcome to the forum!

The information for posting links is here:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=521496&Replies=0

John
Pedro Rocha wrote on 11/2/2007, 5:15 AM
Thanks It was just under my eyes...