V12 stability - positive report

Guy S. wrote on 12/5/2012, 11:47 AM
Last night, after a fun (yes, I used the "F" word) and productive day of editing, it occurred to me that:
a) V12 hasn't crashed or froze in a couple of weeks, and
b) I'm getting the best timeline playback that I've experienced with any version of Vegas, even with masks, CC, and track motion.

I've been editing since the bad old days of video and have used some amazingly poor editing systems, so I've never been more than mildly annoyed by Vegas crashes; I save after every couple of edits and have never lost any work. My major issue has always been poor timeline performance... Low res preview, low framerate, video edits out of sync with music and narration. These things have made editing very tedious and very frustrating, especially when pulling an all-nighter.

These issues are largely gone (framerate still drops with track motion) and I wanted to post my experience for those who may be having issues with V12.

System: Work (specs are posted and up to date)
Version: V12 (394)
GPU: Acceleration OFF
Notes: Increased available RAM to 2048MB as noted in this thread (this has made the biggest difference, BIG THANKS to megabit for the tip!): http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=839151&Replies=30

Comments

LV studio wrote on 12/5/2012, 1:13 PM
I'm almost stable too. I had increased the internal mem to 2048 and it seems to have been the answer. I run with GPU on and only have crash issues with NBTPro 2 but even this is running better with GPU on. I'm not completely satisfied with the crashing issue but I'm much less annoyed this past week. I too save after every other edit or so...as habit.
Chanimal wrote on 12/5/2012, 5:25 PM
Are you talking the RAM preview memory to 2048, or something else?

Ted Finch
Chanimal.com

Windows 11 Pro, i9 (10850k - 20 logical cores), Corsair water-cooled, MSI Gaming Plus motherboard, 64 GB Corsair RAM, 4 Samsung Pro SSD drives (1 GB, 2 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB), AMD video Radeo RX 580, 4 Dell HD monitors.Canon 80d DSL camera with Rhode mic, Zoom H4 mic. Vegas Pro 21 Edit (user since Vegas 2.0), Camtasia (latest), JumpBacks, etc.

Guy S. wrote on 12/5/2012, 5:59 PM
<<Are you talking the RAM preview memory>>

See link in OP.
LV studio wrote on 12/5/2012, 6:05 PM
No. Dynamic RAM preview is "0" zero.

We're talking about the "shift" "prefenences" "internal tab" "memory allocations"