v13

subchaz wrote on 4/26/2014, 3:47 PM
So is it worth up grading from 12,i cant see anything which is making me go wow,

the whole 3d stuff never used it

i also notice a big difference between v12 and PP cc in terms of color and crispness of image,

ive been using Sony for years but it feels like its lacking something, what i cant put my finger on

the LUT thing does interest me and the ACEs color space but im unsure on how its being implemented.

so is it worth the up grade price

Comments

FPP wrote on 4/26/2014, 4:40 PM
I'm kinda hoping I don't find a reason to upgrade from 12 to 13 myself.
Once I got VP 12 to be my B#@ch, it turned out to be all I dreamed it would be and I would hate to waste all that drama I went through getting it to do me right.
VMP wrote on 4/26/2014, 4:46 PM
You could always flip a coin.

VMP
[r]Evolution wrote on 4/26/2014, 4:52 PM
I don't see the need to upgrade if none of the new features will benefit you.
VidMus wrote on 4/26/2014, 5:39 PM
The iZotope Nectar Elements along with the loudness meters finally allow me to take the guess work out of setting my audio levels and getting the levels correct. That to me is the most important part of this upgrade.

The iZotope Nectar Elements has good compression. I say good because while it regulates the audio well, it does not handle the attack as well as it should. Maybe there is a way to adjust it? I am compensating for people who do not use the microphone properly by pushing it a bit hard, which is a big part of the problem.

Vegas 13 loads faster and is more stable.

Naturally there are issues to be ironed out as in all new versions but that is why we get a $100 discount on the upgrade price as compensation.

So if you need a big reason to upgrade, then think audio, which is very important!

I am re-doing a couple of videos that I will re-upload. Both will have much better audio than they originally did.
FPP wrote on 4/26/2014, 6:04 PM
VidMus- I totally agree with you on the importance of proper audio levels..
That is the one thing I realized as I was learning video production.
Audio is soooooooo important to your final edit.
Kit wrote on 4/26/2014, 7:42 PM
I have Nectar 2 Production Suite so Nectar Elements doesn't hold much interest. I agree it's useful. Meanwhile, the $100 discount seems not to be freely available. To truly be compensation I think it needs to be a promotion on the actual product page.

Spectralis wrote on 4/27/2014, 5:18 AM
I only upgraded to VP13 for the alleged code optimisations and promised stability. So far it seems to be a pretty stable release. I have many other audio FX so Nectar didn't interest me. I assume that anyone involved in extensive audio editing will already have more capable audio FX than Nectar Elements. Having said that, it's a nice addition for those who don't.

I don't do much Titling but upgraded to Titler Pro 3 anyway. I suspect that if you already have TP 2 and don't do much Titling then upgrading to v3 isn't essential. Titler Pro 1 will not work with VP13. Another reason to consider whether the VP13 upgrade is worthwhile.

Bear in mind that the new versions of Hitfilm FX, BorisFx BCC9 and Magic Bullet Looks 2.5 all work with Vegas Pro 12.
NCARalph wrote on 4/27/2014, 9:04 AM
At least on my computer using a GTX 570 video card it crashes on rendering so I think I wasted my money.
OldSmoke wrote on 4/27/2014, 10:47 AM
If you get a crash with a GTX570 your problem is somewhere else; it works fine on my 2x GTX580 and the two cards are almost identical.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

MarkHolmes wrote on 4/27/2014, 1:08 PM
I'm getting crashing on render with any attempt to render to Sony AVC/AAC. For now, I'm just rendering to MainConcept.
This release does seem very stable for a first release though - I have high hopes for v13.
subchaz wrote on 4/27/2014, 2:00 PM
So far ive not found the gem im looking for

on the audio side that is not really a issue,

im trying out the demo the whole pop up thing is really buggy,

ive tried the export to Pro Tools and that is extremely poor into PT 11

there are so many things i like about Vegas but i also like Adobe CC

if i could combine Prem Pro CC with the ease of use with Vegas Pro then
that would be a killer,

ive spent ages looking for how to implement LUTs in Vegas which the promo talks of

no where to be found

still thinking