V13 Crashing (glitching) on renders

vicmilt wrote on 8/11/2014, 3:17 PM
So my v12 won't boot past the GPU accelleration (it's off) and now my new v13 can't get through a 2 minute render w/o weird issues.
It doesnt crash - it just does completely strange renders for a few frames and continues. Strange renders = double images, weird sizes, flashes, etc.

This same project (on the same machine) renders w/o isuues on v12.
But as of this morning v2 will not boot past the "loading GPU accelleration" section of the boot.

Ohhh- sometines it takes strength to do this for a living.

v

Comments

OldSmoke wrote on 8/11/2014, 3:21 PM
Try holding down CTRL+SHFT while you press and launch Vegas. This will reset it to its initial stage right after an install. Then go in switch off GPU acceleration. Also make sure you don't have "Windows Update" set to automatic; this is mainly the cause for such problems.

And by the way, three posts about the same issue don't help either.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

vicmilt wrote on 8/11/2014, 4:30 PM
Hey Old Smoke - no need to get snippy - I'm in desperate need of help.

I had already done your suggestions, but unfortunately even they didn't work.
The problem is so weird that I posted it three times with different wording in hope someone would recognized the problem.
The GPU was already set to off.
The Win Update is not auto.
And she was working just fine yesterday. I admit it did often take two or three reboots to get running but once it started, it cooked.
Now it simply can't get past that stupid GPU load - it gets there and closes.

I've been using Vegas since v3.0 and consider it one of the most under-rated edit softwares on the market - hey they ALL have problems.

Right now I'm just trying to get back to work.
SecondWind-SK wrote on 8/11/2014, 5:59 PM
I had a booting problem with a computer that sounds like yours: repeated tries necessary to boot. After much angst I re-seated the four sticks of RAM memory and the problem went away. Probably not your issue, but.....;-) An IT guy I really respect pointed out to me once that often computer problems have their source in places that don't seem to have any logic to them or any obvious connection to the symptoms. Good luck solving the problem.
NCARalph wrote on 8/12/2014, 9:04 AM
What kind of video card?
TeetimeNC wrote on 8/12/2014, 11:56 AM
Vic, in addition to reseating the ram (which has fixed weird problems for me in the past), also ensure there isn't accumulated dust in the case vents that can cause overheating. You might also consider running complete diagnostics on your PC. Good luck.

/jerry
Marc S wrote on 8/12/2014, 7:40 PM
I've also experienced the strange glitching in renders (repeating frames etc.). I'm not sure I narrowed it down yet but seemed to have resolved at least one project by turning off GPU not just in Vegas but also directly in the preferences of New Blue Colorfast and Magic Bullet Looks. Unfortunately the render time went up dramatically. Are you using either of these third party effects in your projects?

I'm also using a mix of 4k XAVC-S and XDCAM in a 1080p project which may also be an issue.