V8 UI question

drbam wrote on 9/14/2007, 7:05 AM
Checking out the V8 trial - Is it possible to dock the explorer/project media/etc windows to the bottom of the mixer window as it has been in the past? I don't like it on the top and can't figure out how to get the entire thing on the bottom like versions 1-7 default. I can undock each window separately but nothing seems to dock at the bottom of the mixer. I want to set it up exactly the same as past versions and put the new console on my 2nd monitor. Thanks.

Comments

pwppch wrote on 9/14/2007, 7:13 AM
Preferences: Display: "Dock windows at top of main window"

This has been a configurable mode for some time. It is presented in both the on-line help and the Vegas manual.

Peter

Ben  wrote on 9/14/2007, 1:00 PM
>> This has been a configurable mode for some time.<<

Yes, but the first time it's presented as a default - threw me initally, too. Despite the much welcome console addition, it's things like this and the new splash screen/logo of a camera (!) that are saying "we're definitely a video app - go away audio guys". I know it's functionally unimportant, but I found the camera splash a real turn off!

Ben
drbam wrote on 9/14/2007, 1:57 PM
"I know it's functionally unimportant, but I found the camera splash a real turn off!"

I agree! As a long time audio only user (since V1), who has felt pretty much dismissed by Sony's direction with Vegas, the camera lens thing seemed more like and sybolized a "middle finger" gesture to me. Of course the video forum sees it more like the holy grail. Oh well . . .
cchoy wrote on 10/8/2007, 1:47 PM
I was also thrown by the docking. I suggest that the default be returned to where it was in previous versions.

If not, I'd strongly suggest keeping that preference there for good!

-C
jabloomf1230 wrote on 10/8/2007, 6:04 PM
Build 144 does not show that option under Preferences, Display. The option that you are referring to is:

"Display timeline at bottom of main window."

No big deal, but just in case anyone can't find it ...