V8a still will not render 32 bit HDV

Terje wrote on 10/18/2007, 7:44 AM
I have reported this to Sony with a stack trace the one time I got one, but wondered if anyone else is seeing this. I have a 32 bit project with a few clips with alpha channels and stuff in them, and Vegas 8 will crash trying to render this ti HDV, any format I have tried. Crashing seems to take place on the Digital Juice MDEs most of the time, but not always.

The same project rendered using the DVD Architect template renders fine. The crashing only happens if I render to M2T HDV 60i or Cineform Intermediate HDV 60i (only HDV templates I have tried).

Comments

Xander wrote on 10/18/2007, 9:05 AM
As mentioned earlier, I can second what you see. Haven't tried rendering to non HD formats yet, but will give it a try. Also use Digital Juice Jump Backs and MDEs with Alpha.
StormMarc wrote on 10/18/2007, 9:42 AM
I've rendered a few HDV clips in 32 bit with success but I almost always crash. Some of them have digital juice files some do not. Some have composite changes some do not. This 32-bit feature is really messed up at present. It's a shame because there are some nice lighting changes when compositing clips.

Marc
Xander wrote on 10/18/2007, 2:25 PM
You're right, if I render to a DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen template 32bit render works. Render to .m2t and crash!