V9b and Sound Fodge 10

albert_kes wrote on 9/7/2009, 9:42 PM
I open from Vegas Pro 9 file in Sound Fordge 10 - I edit, I keep.
I open the following file and about a miracle - the sound remained from a former file.
Tried many times and different variants - a sound from a former file.
Rescues creation of the new project in Fordge and then from Vegas to open the file, or reboot Fordge.

Comments

Grazie wrote on 9/7/2009, 11:28 PM
Surely you mean open Vegas Pro 9, and NOT 10? Must be a typo. And yes, I know about Sound Forge 10.

OK, are you trying to open a VP9 Audio Event in SF10, is this by using the Right Click method?

Grazie
albert_kes wrote on 9/8/2009, 12:15 AM
From Vegas Pro 9b I open a file (open in Sound fordge Ctrl+E) in Fordge 10
Grazie wrote on 9/8/2009, 12:32 AM
Interesting . . .

I'm using SF9 still.

I see you are openning from Trimmer? Yes? I've used the Timeline.

My results:

1 - Timeline works as it should - I get a TAKE2 for the Audio

2 - Trimmer, it doesn't work for me. No Take2 AND, more worringly, I get an OFFline media result.

Interesting . . .

Albert, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think we need others to try this one out.

Grazie
Grazie wrote on 9/8/2009, 12:45 AM
I just checked with Vegas Pro 8c - I get the same result in VP8.

Timeline comes back as Take2, but via Trimmer I get media save issues? This is inconsistent, and maybe so since before VP9b?

Should I NOT be able to do this "via" Trimmer?

Grazie
ushere wrote on 9/8/2009, 1:05 AM
from my pov - no.

iirc, you can't do much in the trimmer other than trim (in many ways of course), can't cc, drop effects, etc., and if you could, where would it end up? as take? tl? media bin?

i would also think it a bit strange to try to do anything in the trimmer but trim since if you're working cutting a tape - you'd be applying whatever to the whole tape (rather than doing it in the bin if you want to 'fx' the whole tape), or more precisely on the tl.....

then again, it's been a long day.....

Grazie wrote on 9/8/2009, 1:22 AM
If I right Click on the Audio in Trimmer then I get the option to open In SF. If this should NOT be happening then this option should be removed. As it stands, it IS an option but is clearly not working as expected as it does from the Timeline.

Grazie
albert_kes wrote on 9/8/2009, 1:24 AM
I constantly work in sheaf Vegas-Fordge. With Fordge 9e problems are not present.
Yarin VooDoo wrote on 9/8/2009, 3:22 AM
Ciao,

I'm not sure to have understood the problem.
I tried with VP 9.0b and SFP10:

. new project
. new audio track with an audio event
. opened in Trimmer than right click and OPEN IN SOUND FORGE
. first time it openend SF9, then, after a change in preferences, opened in SFP10 (I've both)
. Edit in SFP10, Save and return to Vegas
. Re-open in SFP10 via Trimmer, all is ok
. Edit again in SFP10, Save and return to Vegas, all is ok

Of Course in Trimmer you can only "OPEN IN SOUND FORGE", from the timeline you can "OPEN IN SOUND FORGE" and "OPEN A COPY IN SOUND FORGE".

Ciao
albert_kes wrote on 9/8/2009, 3:48 AM
Probably I not clearly explain...

I work in SVP9e. I need to edit a sound...
I take file S 005

and I open it in SFP 10, I edit and I keep - Save

Then I take other file S 003

and I open it in SFP 10
Also it turns out: video - S 003, audio - S 005

ChristoC wrote on 9/8/2009, 4:03 AM
There is one rather interesting aspect to this I discovered with standard DV AVI thus far:

"Open in Soundforge" performed in Trimmer to both Audio(16bit)+Video results in both Audio+Video in FS; as expected, the audio part shows up in SF as 16bit.

however

"Open in Soundforge" performed in Trimmer to Audio only, or in Timeline to Audio only, remarkably results in a 32bit Audio file in SF.

see related in Vegas Audio forum http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=672574&Replies=5
othersteve wrote on 9/8/2009, 4:08 AM
I have exactly the same issue.

Steve
Yarin VooDoo wrote on 9/8/2009, 6:54 AM
Ciao,

ok albert_kes, know I've understood the problem.
I'm testing now with 2 audio files and all seems ok, each time SFP10 load the right file, maybe the problem it's related to audio stream in a video files.

Ciao
albert_kes wrote on 9/8/2009, 7:37 AM
Yarin VooDoo, If you load through Open - that all normally. Open from Vegas (Ctrl+E) make change and keep Save (not Save as...). What will be?
Yarin VooDoo wrote on 9/9/2009, 2:20 AM
Ciao,

Albert I do exactly CTRL+E (or the same by right-click menu).
Now I've made another test with 2 Pal DV files (A e B, B is shorter than A), imported in Vegas Pro 9.0b then CTRL+E on A, volume cut to -6db, save in Sound Forge Pro 10, close file but not SFP10 and returned in Vegas.
The CTRL+E on B and BOOM...exactly the same situation that you reported, in SFP10 I have Video of B file, but Audio of A file and it's easy to see beacuse A is longer than B and in Vegas you can see the loop point for the audio stream.

Ciao
albert_kes wrote on 9/10/2009, 1:05 AM
albert_kes wrote on 10/22/2009, 8:07 AM
Some bugs in 10à have corrected, and this bug remained.
Hallo, misters programmers SCS...
albert_kes wrote on 3/18/2010, 7:57 PM
New Sound Fordge 10 b - the problem remained. ((((((((((

And I can something I do not understand and so should be? Or it somewhere is disconnected??