Veg file corrupt?

Don Sweger wrote on 5/24/2011, 12:58 PM
I have a project we finshed up last summer. I was going to go back and make a "short version" by trimming down the old project. I opened it, did Save-As to re-name and make a duplicate copy before I made any changes.
Appro. 11 minutes into the project timeline, I noticed that my preview did not match what I rememberd the final DVD output to be. To make this explanation simple I'm going to shorten the filenames significantly....

Source media is AVCHD from Panasonic HMC-150

On the time line I have Clip A, Clip B, Clip C. When you right click the clips on the timeline and display the media properties, the filenames are Clip A, Clip B, and Clip C. When you look in the Project Media bin, Clip A, Clip B, and Clip C display the correct video from the original camera files. However, the video displayed on the timeline and the video in the preview window is not the correct video. I recognize the shot as being from that project, but have not yet identified the real clip name that it came from.

I should note that this problem is manifested in both the original veg file and the new duplicate file and with both PRO 9-64, PRO9-32, and PRO 10-64 versions.

Any ideas? I have not yet gone to the network backup server to look for an "old" copy of the file. I may get time to look there tonight.

Thanks,
Don

Comments

Steve Mann wrote on 5/24/2011, 3:09 PM
Can you make it do it again?
Add your bug report to Sony support. This has happened to a few of us but SCS can't replicate it.

When it happened to me, I just closed Vegas and started over.
Don Sweger wrote on 5/25/2011, 4:42 AM
Unfortunately, yes it is repeatable. I can't get it to go away... 9-32, 9-64 and 10-64 all do the same thing with these two veg files.

As for filing a bug report, how do you do that? Everywhere I go in the Support site needs me to pay money to talk to someone. With support like that, I can see why so many bugs don't get fixed, Sony makes it really hard to even tell them about it.
LoTN wrote on 5/25/2011, 5:10 AM
Hello Don,

You have to create a support account and you will be able to fill and manage your cases. This service is free.

For those many bugs that don't get fixed (some for years) I think it is more because of scarce ressources and a lack of interest at product management level.

If you've found a way to reproduce that bug which is on the radar for a while, give all "howto" details to SCS support.

Rgrds
Don Sweger wrote on 5/25/2011, 7:00 AM
I figured out that I needed a seperate support login....

I have no idea what I did to "create" this bug. But I sure can't get it to go away. I'll have to wait and see if support wants any information...
Dawdle wrote on 5/25/2011, 3:40 PM
What version of Vegas did you create the original veg with? If you are trying to open the veg in a different version of Vegas to that which it was created in then this may be where your problem lies.