Vegas 5 doesn't respond

Dezine wrote on 2/16/2005, 9:39 AM
I have been having a problem with my new editing system and Vegas 5.
The onborad USB on my Asus P4P800E Deluxe motherboard blew shortly after I recieved the system and I sent it back for a new motherboard to be installed.
The other day, I worked in Vegas 5 for the first time since recieving it back and have had the same occuring problem.
It seems whenever I try to work with the ripple edit tool, Vegas will hang up after only using the tool a few times. I don't get an error that the program crached, because I manually quit the program and restart Vegas.
Could this be a problem with the new motherboard again? Everything else works fine except for Vegas. This system does have a fresh install of SP2 that came with the system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
MLIebergot

Comments

nickle wrote on 2/16/2005, 9:54 AM
What kind of USB devices are you using when this happens?
Dezine wrote on 2/16/2005, 10:02 AM
The prblem now isn't USB related as the motherboard was replaced. The motherboard blew when I just plugged ina A USB cable for an IRiver unit, just the cable, bothing was even plugged into the unit.

The problem now is just working in Vegas with backgroung applicatioons turned off.

MLiebergot
nickle wrote on 2/16/2005, 10:18 AM
It's hard to know what to blame when you have all new components. (PC, Windows, Vegas)

You'll have to try to work through it see the results. Like try another clip to see if it is repeatable. Try not using ripple edit and see if the PC freezes at other times.

Try this thread and see if it helps.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=4&MessageID=325627