Comments

Bill Ravens wrote on 3/30/2005, 11:11 AM
i seriously doubt it
ReneH wrote on 3/30/2005, 1:23 PM
I was hoping this is not true, I could not wait to shop for a new vid card just for Vegas. Darn it!
Chienworks wrote on 3/30/2005, 1:26 PM
If Vegas was going to adopt hardware rendering it probably wouldn't be through the video card. It would probably be a separate piece of dedicated hardware.

A faster processor is probably a cheaper and more productive option.
farss wrote on 3/30/2005, 2:10 PM
I don't know if this will happen or not. Either way you can be certain if it does it'll be through some standard interface so you should be pretty safe buying any video card.
I'm a bit bipolar about this, it'd be nice to get a speed up but every app that seems to use the GPU for rendering seems to have problems with things going wrong or crashing, who notices the odd glitch in a video game after all.
Bob.
TheHappyFriar wrote on 3/30/2005, 5:46 PM
I notice the glitch. :) Only happens when I use DirectX though, whic I think most Windows renders do (except that one OpenGL one).

ReneH, I'd recomend an ATI 9600, 9600 Pro, or XT. It's not the best, but it's not expensive & it supports DX 9 & OpenGL. So, if vegas DOES (out of the blue) support hardware rendering though the GPU, you'll be covered.