Vegas 8 Not Previewing Clip

mjroddy wrote on 1/20/2009, 5:39 PM
Good day... It's been a while since I've written or read here. Work has had me hoppin' but I'm finally back on Vegas.

I did a project with footage from my Canon 5D2 using Cineform files.
Once I finally got my MOV files into Cineform AVI files (using Gearshift to convert), I was able to edit like a bandit (using 720-30p) and would have been a totally happy camper, except I couldn't Preview my clips.

I had the Preview icon turned on, and Vegas would preview my SD files, but for some reason single-clicking on the clip in the library - or even hitting Play, for that matter, would not preview the clip.

Is this an issue with Cineform 720-30p files?

Everything else was a dream: 29.97 playback (even with Curves and/or Levels effect!), wonderful colors and relatively fast rendering for final delivery via 720-30p WMV.
The only thing that slowed me down was having to toss every clip into the trimmer just to preview.

Comments

mjroddy wrote on 1/22/2009, 2:03 PM
I apologize for the Bump...
The lack of Preview is frustrating enough that I wanted to give this question one more try.
xberk wrote on 1/22/2009, 2:20 PM
IF using 8.0c -- Enable "auto preview" in the Project media window (it's a button next to the Stop button) .. and also "disable" show video preview in the trimmer window..mouse over the icons above the trimmer timeline to find the "show video preview" button.
mjroddy wrote on 1/23/2009, 9:17 AM
Thanks very much.

I'm 80% sure I've done that, but I'm not with my Vegas 8 right now (only have 7 here at work).
I'll double check when I get home.

Thanks again.
mjroddy wrote on 1/23/2009, 11:49 PM
That worked like a charm! Thanks very much!

AND, I learned a bunch of new stuff about how things can be laid out on duel monitors and about Previewing and all sorts of fun stuff!

Thanks again!