Vegas 8 - QT File only imports sound, NO VIDEO!

OTL wrote on 7/29/2010, 3:27 PM
Hi,

I have a very large High res file (500GB) that I’m trying to bring into VEGAS 8 so that I can render it into an MPEG 2 for ultimate DVD authoring etc…

My problem is the VIDEO stream of the file won’t import onto the time line, only the 4 AUDIO CHANNELS.

Why isn’t the video recognized in Vegas? How can I get the video into Vegas?

I;m working on SONY VEGAS 8.0c

FILE INFO:
• QT . mov
• AJA Kona2vuy Codec (is this the problem?!?!)
• 1920 X 1080
• 4 Stereo Audio Channels
• 1hr 30mins

Thank you in advance,

(Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the Mainconcept Pro MPEG 2 encoder for DVD output? You guys happy with it? Any better software alternatives?)

Comments

musicvid10 wrote on 7/29/2010, 4:22 PM
Vegas 8.0c works with Quicktime Player version 7.6.2 or earlier.
If you have 7.6.4 or later installed, you would need to roll back.

As far as your AJA codec, other users may be able to help you with that, however it may be proprietary to FCP.
willqen wrote on 7/31/2010, 5:30 AM
The Mainconcept mpeg2 encoder works fine. Actually quite well.

Especially with the DVD Architect presets. They are designed to work with the Vegas-DVD Architect combination.

To use them, (DVD Arch. presets) you will need to render a video track separately, using one of the DVD Arch. presets of the Mainconcept mpeg2 encoder, then render either a separate ac3, (Dolby) or .wav, (.pcm) audio track file,

With the same name ! Very important!

Will
winrockpost wrote on 7/31/2010, 7:43 AM
do you have the AJA Kona2vuy Codec installed ?, don't know if it works with vegas or not, but I do know the blackmagic codec works and will probably read the aja