Comments

ushere wrote on 9/1/2008, 6:00 AM
who said sept 1st?

Pedro Rocha wrote on 9/1/2008, 6:41 AM
You have to wait until 12 September at the IBC exhibition, patience... patience...
JJKizak wrote on 9/1/2008, 8:17 AM
I feel like the "Bug man" in the "Men in Black".
JJK
Grazie wrote on 9/1/2008, 8:38 AM
Can be arranged.
JoeMess wrote on 9/1/2008, 8:45 AM
Remember, the announcement is on 9/12, but then you have to wait until they finally post our deep discount for upgrades. It looks to me like I historically end up ordering in the mid 20's of September, because that is when the $99 or $149 upgrade price gets posted. I wish they would give us the discount as soon as the product is announced.

Joe
TheHappyFriar wrote on 9/1/2008, 9:06 AM
you do get the discount. if you purchase w/o getting the discount you can e-mail & they'll fix it.
DSCalef wrote on 9/1/2008, 9:34 AM
Hate to disappoint, but the information I have is that 9.0 will not be RELEASED at the IBC. I am told the next release is planned to occur before the third quarter of 2009.

Sorry.

Now, be good little boys and girls and go back to sleep, and use what you have. Santa will be here in no time at all if you just don't think about it!

David S. Calef
EventVideoTeam.com
Sebaz wrote on 9/1/2008, 11:57 AM
Hate to disappoint, but the information I have is that 9.0 will not be RELEASED at the IBC. I am told the next release is planned to occur before the third quarter of 2009.

I would be happy enough if they released Vegas Pro 8.0c with proper support for AVCHD, that is, better timeline playback (I have a 2.66 Quad Core with 4 GB of RAM and still can't get real 29.97 playback on the timeline) and export to 1920x1080 in AVC that DVDA 5 can accept fine, and also AC3 audio that DVDA doesn't need to recompress.

And most importantly of all, smart-rendering of AVCHD. How can it be possible that a piece of junk bundled software like Pixela Imagemixer 3 has excellent AVCHD smart-rendering, but Vegas Pro 8 does not?

As long as they give me these things, I'm happy to wait for Vegas Pro 9 for a year or more.
MarkHolmes wrote on 9/1/2008, 12:25 PM
What I would be happy with in either 8c or 9 would be support for OMF export that could be brought into ProTools and other audio apps. And don't tell me that Vegas can do what those programs can. I know that.

But being able to export OMF so other audio pros can work with projects edited in Vegas would be a huge help for filmmakers.
zcus wrote on 9/1/2008, 1:25 PM
Forget about 9!! Lets get 8C out and bug free!!! Which I paid for but have not used once... And I HOPE IT IS 64 BIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ushere wrote on 9/1/2008, 4:31 PM
well i'd like a fixed 32bit 8c.

i don't see the point in 8c being 64 bit unless they also bring out a 32bit version as well.

i'm happy enough with xp 32bit and being 'forced' into buying a new os (and the hassles of installing it etc.,) would seem a very strange way of fixing bugs in 8c.

i'm as keen as the net veggie to get 8 working smoothly (though the new mpg .dll has gone a long way towards that), but not at the expense of possibly introducing new bugs with 64bit. i much prefer to leave other people to bleed to death on the cutting edge ;-)

leslie
tonyatl wrote on 9/1/2008, 6:06 PM
8 keeps crashing on me at the worst times. Sony has a responsibly to its customers to fix 8.The way it looks now I will be going back to 6. I don't have time for buggy software. I have two friends who edit for a living they are leaving Vegas and after dealing with 8 never coming back. Im thinking of doing the same. Its like theft you sell me a product that isnt ready.
craftech wrote on 9/1/2008, 6:29 PM
i don't see the point in 8c being 64 bit unless they also bring out a 32bit version as well.

i'm happy enough with xp 32bit and being 'forced' into buying a new os (and the hassles of installing it etc.,) would seem a very strange way of fixing bugs in 8c.
===========
Let's see.

No MAC version thereby limiting their market.

Then a version that runs only on a 64 bit OS?? I don't think so unless they intentionally want to reduce their customer base because it is too large for them at present.

John