Comments

FuTz wrote on 8/23/2007, 4:51 PM
I read it will work with Bootcamp.
QE wrote on 8/23/2007, 4:55 PM
With Bootcamp installed, you would have to install Windows?
FuTz wrote on 8/23/2007, 4:57 PM
Mmmm... I guess, yes.

See this post:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=540418&Replies=34

...and maybe ask the guys who use it this way maybe?
RNLVideo wrote on 8/23/2007, 5:22 PM
Yes - Vegas only runs on Windows; Windows (XP & Vista) on an Intel Mac (via Bootcamp) works very well. I have a MBP that I use to run Vegas and I love it.
PixelStuff wrote on 8/23/2007, 5:27 PM
After 4 months with Windows Vista I'm starting to hope for a Mac version of Vegas. That's the only thing really holding me back from switching. And by the way, this crap with Vista is really the first time I've actually considered jumping ship.
fwtep wrote on 8/23/2007, 6:42 PM
Why don't you jump ship to XP? Why are you using Vista???
rmack350 wrote on 8/23/2007, 7:33 PM
It'd be cheaper to jump to XP.

Rob Mack
FuTz wrote on 8/23/2007, 8:02 PM
XP here, and happiness... ; )
PixelStuff wrote on 8/24/2007, 12:50 AM
How long do you really think XP will last now that Microsoft has a new baby to feed.

I might add one positive comment on Vista. Aside from non Vegas glitches galore (OS quirks and other application quirks), Vista seems to capture video a great deal smoother than XP did for me. I used to have trouble with stuttering or even dropped frames whenever resizing or dragging around the Vegas Capture window. But in Vista shuffling windows around during capture remains smooth as silk.

My theory is that XP must have needed the CPU in some form or another for video overlay redraws, but in Vista it must be handled 100% by the graphics card.