Vegas on Vista

Comments

p@mast3rs wrote on 3/6/2007, 2:06 AM
"And after ~7 years and billions of dollars in development - this is the finest they can offer? I know that 3rd party vendors are partly to blame, but man, this whole thing just isn't cooked yet at all. What a mess. -H"

Isnt this contradicting? You acknowledge third party vendors are too blame but then question is this the best MS could offer? How about a better question of after five years, hardly any third party vendors couldnt come up with quicker support? Its not like MS woke up one day and released Vista on the world. EVERYONE knew it was coming.
jaydeeee wrote on 3/6/2007, 3:45 AM
pastmaster,

Can you take a break from fluffing the MS member for a second?
The reason I say Vista is a pos OS is because because of WHAT LITTLE IT OFFERS over XP/XP pro. This is NOT an OS "upgrade" (it's almost more like a "punishment").

Other than some extremely superficial benefits and a slick looking (waste of a) UI, there is no real reason or NEED for any user (especially here) to move to this OS (much less be forced into it).

MS could have spent all this time really targeting user needs, streamlining for proficiency, ...tons of valid user wants and reasons. Instead they thouight that some Aero eye candy, COMPLETELY USELESS/MISAPPROPRIATED security "features", and an "I THINK we're hip" marketing campaign would do the trick. This upgrade serves MS - not the users.

This is the new MS - like it? I don't.
I think a failure like Vista might actually help change/restructure MS a bit....so let it flop I say.

I don't hate MS, I hate Vista - everything about it. It's a joke (through and through).
XP/XP-pro is just fine....it's more than fine...it's more streamlined and compatible. I suggest people stick with it as long as possible (and tell MS where their Vista can go).

If you enjoy it, great. I think anyone who goes ga-ga for it is fooling themsleves, but hey, it's your perogative.
mscheidell wrote on 3/6/2007, 7:11 AM
I haven't reinstalled Quicktime yet but there was available back in Dec of '05 that works just fine on Vista x64. Sorry I don't have the version number available for you. The download package is 20,752 kb. I used it under XP x64 also. Had to do some searching on the net to find it way back then.
Studiodawg wrote on 3/9/2007, 10:58 AM
I just got a Sony Vaio laptop two days ago and installed Vegas/DVDA and everything has worked fine so far. I did see the rundll (or whatever) error message , but upon installation of 7.0d, all the little glitches seem to have cleared up.
riredale wrote on 3/9/2007, 3:48 PM
Just read today that ZoneAlarm can't run on Vista. ZoneAlarm!--the most popular freeware bidirectional firewall in the Internet world!

Yes, Vista has a bidirectional firewall, but the outgoing channel is defaulted to wide-open and configuring it to stop trojans is a nearly-impossible task, from what I've read.

I know that every new OS has teething pains, but really, this is just nuts.
blink3times wrote on 3/9/2007, 4:35 PM
I've said it before... they put all the added security in all the WRONG places in Vista. How can a multi billion dollar company be so dumb???

There is only one FULL firewall that I know of that claims to run on Vista and that's the new Norton firewall. However I downloaded the trial and tried for 2 solid days to get it to installed.... I was not successful.