We are pleased to announce the release of our third update for VEGAS POST Suite. This update includes substantial improvements to both VEGAS Image and VEGAS Effects. As always, you can download this update through our automatic update feature, or through the links below.
VEGAS Effects build 2.3.11116.40737
- Export Frame functionality has been extensively reworked, with more options and greater control.
- The new Remove Unused command deletes all unused assets from the Media panel with a single command.
- Commands for importing media and recording voiceover have been added to the File menu.
- The new Export menu provides access to all export functions in a single location.
- All spinbox values in the interface can now be edited by click-dragging with the mouse.
- The keyboard shortcuts for adjusting the scale of the timeline can now also be used on the Controls panel's internal timeline.
- The motion blur settings now use a default shutter phase of -90.
- 3D model formats which support animation no longer generate animation files on import, unless the model includes animation data.
- The names of imported 3D animation assets are now displayed in the Media panel.
- The default radius for Highpass Sharpen was adjusted, and the blend modes have been reordered based on intensity.
- The GoPro FX Reframe effect has been renamed and is now GoPro Lens Reframe.
- Improved handling of hardware decoding, to prevent stability issues with certain ProRes files.
- MPEG-1 .ts video files now import correctly.
- Improved the handling of audio files containing floating-point PCM values.
- Merging audio from two recordings of the same event with noticeable variations has been improved.
- Media files containing pre-multiplied alpha channels now render correctly in the Trimmer, the Media panel, and the Editor thumbnails.
- Playback in the Trimmer now includes the last frame of the video.
- The audio sample rate for new composite shots created via the Start panel matches the audio sample rate of the project.
- Creating a composite shot from an audio-only asset now uses the project resolution, rather than a resolution of 1x1.
- Textures for 3D models support linear color once again.
- 3D models using the Override Texture option now properly respect the viewer's downsample mode.
- Repositioning masks now registers correctly, so the mask does not move again when the mouse is clicked.
- Double-clicking a mask shape now finalizes the mask after adding it.
- Rounded rectangle mask controls now update properly based on the size of the mask.
- Editing the border color for a mask is now processed on the Viewer immediately.
- Zooming the Viewer with the mouse wheel is now disabled while creating a mask.
- Resetting an orthographic view now updates to display all objects correctly.
- Improved the styling of properties containing non-editable text, to make it more apparent which properties are read-only.
- The built-in particle system textures no longer show as invalid in the Controls panel.
- The illumination property of the Sphere effect no longer shows as invalid in the Controls panel.
- Making the Scopes panel visible when there are no composite shots open no longer causes stability issues.
- Scopes are now only calculated when the Scopes panel is visible.
- The histogram for the Levels Histogram effect is no longer calculated unless the histogram is visible.
- Deleting an effect no longer adds it to the Recents category.
- Clicking the Favorite button with multiple effects selected now favorites all selected effects.
- Applying multiple effects from an Effects panel search no longer clears the current search.
- Searching for "4 point" in the Effects panel now returns the 4-point gradient in the results.
- 360º effects can now be searched for in the Effects panel without including the degrees symbol.
- Adding an effect now consistently opens the effect controls in the Controls panel, and selects the object on the timeline.
- Adding an effect which does not include any controls no longer switches focus to the Controls panel.
- The large Curves interface in the Controls panel now displays correctly when enabled.
- Adding Curves to a layer which contains a mask no longer causes stability issues.
- Making a composite shot from a clip with Curves applied no longer causes stability issues.
- Trying to add a preset to a layer which does not support certain types of effects no longer causes stability issues.
- Parenting a camera to a 2D layer which is parented to a 3D layer no longer causes stability issues.
- Deleting a layer after cut/pasting the layer and source asset no longer causes stability issues.
- The controls for the Atomic Particle effect now update correctly when the effect is applied to a 3D model.
- The GoPro Lens Reframe interface is now resized to fit the selected Projection preset.
- Dragging to reposition the view in GoPro Lens Reframe now moves the view in the expected direction.
- Eliminated an artifact at the center of the GoPro Lens Reframe effect when running on Intel 600-series graphics.
- Exporting a timeline which contains the Auto Stabilizer effect no longer causes stability issues.
- Saving a project no longer prevents the font in the Text effect from being changed.
- Exporting a project no longer stops the Text effect from updating in the Viewer.
- The export button is now correctly disabled when there is nothing to export.
- Reduced the bitrates for Instagram export presets.
- Selection of a folder in the Export panel presets list is now clearly indicated.
- The Export Now > Contents command now creates a folder at the chosen location, if the folder doesn't already exist.
- The export preview now properly renders when the Export panel is re-opened during an ongoing export task.
- Switching projects while an export task is ongoing now stops the export.
VEGAS Image 184.108.40.206
- Improved canvas export with streamlined format options and new resize and metadata options.
- You can now view and edit the metadata of your Image content using the new EXIF/IPTC viewer.
- You can now export images with vastly more metadata override options, and even control which category of metadata you want to retain when copying from an existing image.
- Solid color layers now have colors as content items.
- You can now drag images from your browser directly into Image.
- You can now drag images onto the content section of an Image layer.
- Added an option to Collapse all groups, effects, and masks in their respective context menus.
- All rotation controls now include plus and minus 90 degrees buttons.
- Improved the look of saturation and tone coloring effect controls.
- File picker file type dropdowns are now more logically grouped.
- The curve control on the Curves effect now maintains a square aspect ratio for easier usage.
- Improved the alignment process of Focus Stacking and HDR Merge.
- Fixed an issue where some Canon RAW files were not importing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where closing Image with the activation app open would not close the activation app correctly.
- Fixed an issue where embedded color profiles were not saving when exporting to Jpeg.
- Fixed an issue where some Tiff files would not import correctly.
- Fixed an issue where changing a batch output would not mark the project as having unsaved changes.
- Fixed an issue where changing a Bevel and Emboss contour control point would prevent you from using the contour presets.
- Fixed an issue where changing a camera or lens for Lens corrections didn’t update until both were selected.
- Fixed issue where the vertical alignment option for text wasn’t working correctly.
- Fixed issue that was preventing Image Color Selection masks from disabling while you are picking a color.
- Fixed an issue where controls on saturation editors could go out of sight and changed them to allow new points to be added and moved instantly.
- Fixed an inconsistency where the layer rotation control would go negative instead of wrapping around.
- Fixed an issue where Camera and Lenses for Lens corrections didn’t search correctly in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where images that had multiple periods in their names would be displayed incorrectly.
Direct Download Link