Vegas Pro 11 keeps crashing, can't render .mp4

Gujjuguy wrote on 11/10/2011, 8:18 PM
I upgraded from Vegas HD Platinum 11 to Vegas Pro 11. Unlike HD Platinum, the Pro 11 software is highly unstable and keeps crashing my machine and the software.

I have already done two factory re-sets, all driver updates (ATI Radeon 5870 with the latest Catalyst 11.10 Driver on 64 Bit W7 machine) and clean installs of Vegas Pro 11. Nothing seem to solve the problem.

A few times when the software works, it cannot render in MainConcept AVC (and all .mp4 output options). Gives an error with the message, "The Reason for the error could not be determined'. I have tried disabling GPU option, render with CPU only, multiple system re-boots etc.

I have posted a tech support request. I get this message, "Due to Popularity of Vegas Pro 11, there will be a delayed response". I feel, it should say "due to the buggy software and deluge of support request, there will be delay in response." :)

Comments

dlion wrote on 11/11/2011, 8:56 AM
do you have new blue titler installed?

if so, make sure you have the latest version, i think 10/24. if not, redownload, uninstall it and reinstall it. not sure if this will help you, but the "synergy" between new blue and vegas is, well, not entirely in sync...
Gujjuguy wrote on 11/12/2011, 7:52 AM
Thank you Dlion. I did another factory re-set, driver update, re-install. The render to .mp4 worked but as soon as I installed the New Blue Titler Pro, it stopped working. I have un-installed the Titler Pro and seem to be working for now. Have reached out to Tech support for both Sony and New Blue Fx teams. - Thanks.
jetdv wrote on 11/12/2011, 11:28 AM
NewBlue is looking into this issue to see what might be causing the conflict.
Gujjuguy wrote on 11/12/2011, 1:19 PM
This time, I did a fresh, factory install, re-freshed all drivers and did not install New Blue Titler. The software starts crashing as soon as I use any of the Media Fx and stops rendering as .mp4.

Extremely frustrated. I had been using Vegas HD 10 and Vegas HD 11 for a couple years and was so impressed with the software that decided to invest the money and upgrade to Vegas Pro 11. It's so frustrating to having invested and then realize that the $124 software was more usable and stable than a $500 one.

Since I did it online, there is no way to get money back either.
Gujjuguy wrote on 11/12/2011, 1:53 PM
I have installed the Vegas HD Platinum 11. Giving up on trying to solve the Vegas Pro 11 issue. Reading through all the posts (both in this forum and a couple of others), the software itself is buggy and unstable.

Not sure how they can release this without proper testing.
Royce1 wrote on 12/2/2011, 5:08 AM
I have used Vegas for years.. and just upgraded to Vegas Pro 11 - and every attempt to use the TEXT generator - (Video Media Generators) - Vegas would crash - AND the Video Capture (using a Sony camera) feature also crashes.

So Sony had me remove my "printer drivers", "Microsoft C+++" and more - and nothing helps. I went through hours of trouble shooting and Vegas 11 keeps crashing.

I have a Nvidia GTS450 with 1.5 ram, Windows 7 64bit - with 18 gigs (all of my other programs work fine - including Adobe Premiere, Nero Capture/Editing and more). I want to stay with Vegas - and enjoy the design and have heavily invested in this program over the years, but WHAT IS GOING ON AT SONY???

This is the message I received from Sony support three days ago - and they haven't responded to me since. "Due to Popularity of Vegas Pro 11, there will be a delayed response"
Royce1 wrote on 12/23/2011, 1:24 PM
It is now December 23, 2011 - and Sony Vegas Pro 11 continues to crash when using Sony's Text &Titler Media Generator