Vegas Pro 14 252 crashes when loading project

RealityStudio wrote on 4/26/2017, 1:30 PM

So this just started happening anytime I load a project:

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 14.0 (Build 252) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc06d007e)
   Fault Module:        C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFCAAE19E08
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000069E08

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\vegas140.exe
   Process Version:     Version 14.0 (Build 252) 64-bit
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2017-04-05 (Wed Apr 05) 20:02:32

If I load Vegas on it's own it's fine, but it will always crash when I load a project. It's hard to search for solutions here to this because it's mind blowing how many threads there are about Vegas crashing. I'm hoping maybe someone has already seen this and has a quick fix for it. The previous build of Vegas 14 did it was well. My projects are simple, the only add on I use is Film Convert, nothing else, very basic. Footage is 4k. If there is any quick fix to this I'd love to hear it, the crash report doesn't give me enough info to know. It was all working fine on my Ryzen 7 Windows 10 machine, this just started after the last major Windows patch.

EDIT: I think it's because of that Windows 10 creators update, I installed that yesterday and this started happening. Is there any fix for this short of installing Resolve 14?

Comments

RealityStudio wrote on 4/26/2017, 3:24 PM

Ok I think I've tracked down the issue, looks like Vegas is no longer compatible with Film Convert. When I make a new project and try and add Film Convert to a video, Vegas Pro will instantly crash. Likewise none of my existing projects that use Film Convert will load anymore, they crash Vegas Pro instantly. If I uninstall Film Convert then my projects will load, it will just report an error about a missing plugin. So the latest Vegas Pro 14 with the latest Windows 10 and the latest Film Convert are no longer compatible alas. I'll follow up with the Film Convert dudes and see if they have any solution. In the meantime I installed Resolve 14, crickey it'll have a learning curve though but I need to be able to keep working until Vegas Pro works again.

RealityStudio wrote on 4/26/2017, 5:10 PM

Cool the guys at Film Convert sorted this for me. The drivers for my NVidia 980ti were fairly new but not 100% current. Installed version 381.89 at their suggestion and it fixed it. Back in business.