Comments

VidMus wrote on 6/27/2017, 11:25 PM

Soon.

ushere wrote on 6/28/2017, 8:15 AM

or later...

those who know probably can't say, and those that don't can conjecture till it actually arrives ;-)

wwjd wrote on 6/28/2017, 9:23 AM

Can we get Vegas 14.xx BUGS FIXED first? Would be nice to break the dysfunctional cycle that sony did of releasing NEW versions with OLD bugs

Acidmaster wrote on 7/5/2017, 5:58 PM

It would be nice if they took all of the features from acid pro and put it all into vegas pro.

vegaseditor wrote on 7/16/2017, 8:49 AM

Vegas Pro 14 (or any version before): Creating a new version of Vegas Pro and calling it improved, before fixing issues within current versions, expecting/hoping a consumer will pay for a new version is like ordering a steak at a restaurant and having the waitress/chef come to your table and telling you "you'll be charged extra because the steak was harder to cook than other steaks I've cooked." As we've seen, current and previous Vegas Pro users are jumping ship because of this NOT SO "goodwill."

Kinvermark wrote on 7/16/2017, 10:34 AM

I respectfully disagree: the Vegas team have been actively fixing bugs and have already released several version 14 builds. Some bugs may only be fixed by large changes in software architecture. I would prefer to see a new "for pay" release with the modern features we need rather than wait an eternity for minor bug fixes. Also, a financially healthy Vegas will improve much faster than an impoverished one.

Of course, I am biased by the fact that Vegas is stable for me.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 7/16/2017, 1:38 PM

We had something about 50bug fixes with the 7 updates published for Vegas 14. Sure, I would have to fixed more too - but here Vegas Pro 14 is quite stable.

The argument of the financial health is important for me too. If that is not given, we would not see any further development an bug fixes in the future.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

Len Kaufman wrote on 7/17/2017, 1:53 PM

I posted this elsewhere on this site, but apparently, no one picked up on my post.

On Facebook, there was a more specific release date for Vegas 15, with a few "teaser" specifics.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-release-date--107253/

Wolfgang S. wrote on 7/17/2017, 2:17 PM

This was not on facebook, but here in the forum.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

Len Kaufman wrote on 7/17/2017, 2:23 PM

I saw it on Facebook, on the Vegas Pro FB page.

set wrote on 7/17/2017, 6:26 PM

https://www.facebook.com/vegascreativesoftware/posts/319945745098056

Here's the FB post of the announcement, where it has the link that goes back to the link in this forum.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

wwjd wrote on 7/18/2017, 9:00 AM

Scene: auto dealership
salesman: and this years model has a new, modern smokeless ashtray
buyer: previous years models exploded when you hit the gas. has that been fixed?
salesman: ... and this year, it also comes in 'Chartreuse' !

:D

JJKizak wrote on 7/18/2017, 10:55 AM

salesman: and this years model has a new, modern smokeless ashtray
buyer: previous years models exploded when you hit the gas. has that been fixed?
salesman: ... and this year, it also comes in 'Chartreuse' !

:D

The car exploded because you put hydrogen in the tank instead of gas, if you can figure out the analogy.

JJK

Kinvermark wrote on 7/18/2017, 9:49 PM

Salesman: This years model has a much larger engine, antilock braking, traction control and an optional F1 flappy paddle gearbox! For the same price!

Buyer: the previous years models sometimes needed maintenance and required a modicum of skill to operate safely. Has this been fixed?

Salesman: No, but we have this forum, see...

Cliff Etzel wrote on 7/19/2017, 8:27 AM

All the complaining about why hasn't VP13/14 been fixed blah blah blah.... Seriously guys... MAGIX acquired Vegas and more or less bolted on what fixes they vcould make to the internals of what has probably become duct tape code. We here are hoping that VP15 has had alot of code rewrite to try and make the app more stable and mainstream for modern GPU's and codecs... I've come to learn that although Vegas supports multiple codecs, that doesn't mean it's stable. About the only editing codecs I've found to work well is Cineform AVI and various iterations of OPa1 MXF files - that means transcoding. Do I like having to take the extra steps necessary to edit? Not really, but then again, as I've discovered, the extra effort pays off in a smooth, buttery editing experience even on my aged x58 hex core desktop or quad core laptop. I recently discovered 50 megabit 422 MXF files cut smoothly in Vegas after having used Cineform for along time with smaller file sizes compared to Cineform - so depending on the project, I'll be using either of these two codecs in my work. Once I make the eventual transition to 4K, I'll probably edit using 720p Proxies...

I'm patiently awaiting the release of VP15 to see if the tool is worth continuing to use or if I need to look at Resolve 14 again - something I'd rather not have to do. Then there's the whole paradigm of AVID Media Composer First which for many, might meet there needs - and is free.

wwjd wrote on 7/19/2017, 9:16 AM

buyer: but I don't want to buy a new car every year with the same known issues, so I guess I won't. This version has had several tuneups and adjustments, but still explodes, and is missing a full sized spare tire :D but now is incompatible with the latest gas. :D

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 7/19/2017, 11:36 AM

I am also enjoying metaphors but if this thread continues to derail, I will have to close the "parking space" for your comments here. 😉

Final words from my side. If you followed the discussions in the forum, you should have noticed that Gary and the whole development team is very passionate about the VEGAS products and is giving their best to create outstanding software. Yes, we can't fix every issue at once but we are making progress.

Please, if you have specific questions or constructive feedback you wanna discuss, share them in a new thread.

Best regards,
Mathias