I have had Vegas Pro 17 for a while now, maybe about a year, and it had worked fine until recently. I originally had a problem where vegas would crash after reaching "Initializing GPU-Accelerated Video Processing" I searched around and tried a few things, but after nothing worked I decided to re-install the program.
Upon startup now it gets stuck at "Creating video plug-in factory" I have tried almost everything I have seen online but to no avail. What's worse is that I still don't know if my original problem has been solved either.
- Windows 10 Home 64bit
- NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti
- CPU: Intel i7-6700k
- Vegas version: Version 17.0 (Build 452)
Things I have already tried:
- Holding CTRL + Shift and clicking YES to "reset all preferences to default values?"
- deleting the "temporary files" for backups to videos when vegas crashes
- Updating windows
- rolling back my GPU driver
- completly turning off my GPU
- There was an update for Intel graphics, but I rolled that back as well for another issue not related to SVP
- Uninstalling Vegas pro 17 like 12 or so times.
- manually deleting all related files to vegas after an uninstall (except project files)
- Uninstalling FL studio as this had caused an eirlier problem with vegas that I managed to fix
- Re-instaling OFX and other plug-ins for vegas
- Runing vegas successfully on my laptop and moving the files over manually to my desktop, but I got and error and veags said "the product isnt registered"
- letting Vegas load for several hours just to see if it would load
- instaling an older build: SVP build 353
- closing all open programs and launching
- As well as more things im sure, but have forgotten
TLDR: SVP broke, stuck on "Creating video plug-in factory." Tried so many things but nothing has worked. Windows 10. Thanks in advance!