Vegas PRO12 SUITE issue

vk studio booth wrote on 12/13/2012, 11:22 PM
I've upgraded SV 12 PRO for SV12 Pro Suite thinking that I'd get rid of problems happened when using Demo version but the problem hasn't gone! When I try to return back to Vegas from HitFilm my Vegas gets frozen with no returning back to normal. What about Sound Forge10 - it crashes at opening and I get the note about Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error thus I've never had this program working since I've bought this upgrade... My comp has a power of 16 cores and RAM -12 Gb with nVidia Quadro FX 3800 - not bad but nothing works properly. Maybe ProDAD plugins conflict what should not be. I have no idea. If anyone has any thoughts to share I would appreciate.

Comments

Laurence wrote on 12/13/2012, 11:40 PM
Make sure you are running the latest version of everything and not the older versions that might be in the boxes (if you got boxed versions that is).
BadPrimate wrote on 5/11/2013, 7:38 PM
I have the same issue. I uninstalled all the runtimes, reinstalled Sound Forge, then installed all the latest VB runtimes, and then did windows updates, and still I have this problem. I submitted a help ticket two days ago to Sony and nothing back yet.

I hate when I spend money and then have to fight to make something work.
musicvid10 wrote on 5/11/2013, 8:23 PM
1. The demo is exactly the same as the purchased or boxed version. No difference as long as you have the latest build..
2. The runtime error is usually caused by not installing .NET when setup asked you to. Having a later version of .NET on your computer already does not do the trick! Different applications need different runtime versions, and there could be 3 or 4 running on your machine at any given time.

Don't second-guess the setup. Install the software again, and follow the onscreen instructions.
;?)
BadPrimate wrote on 5/12/2013, 12:08 AM
I was not offered any option to install any version on .net......
ushere wrote on 5/12/2013, 12:29 AM
see sot: .net software thread
BadPrimate wrote on 5/12/2013, 12:49 AM
Unfortunately that did nothing. It says I have all the .net packages installed. :(
musicvid10 wrote on 5/12/2013, 12:58 AM
BadPrimate,
Show us the error you are receiving. Thanks.
BadPrimate wrote on 5/12/2013, 1:02 AM
It gets to the part where it says it is initializing DirectX Plugins and then an error window "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error!, Program ...ogram Files(x86)\Sony\Sound Forge Pro 10.0\Forge100.exe, abnormal program termination"

I have followed the instructions on the knowledge base about uninstalling the runtime redistributals and installing Sound Forge again, Did not work. I let windows update all the runtimes, still does not work. Everything else on my computer works fine.
musicvid10 wrote on 5/12/2013, 1:13 AM
Sounds like you have a rogue DirectX plugin on your system.
You'll have to ferret out the .dll plugin files one by one until you find it, unfortunately.
This is not a terribly uncommon occurrence.

BTW, this is the Vegas Pro forum, not Sound Forge.
For best responses, continue your discussion over there.
BadPrimate wrote on 5/12/2013, 1:21 AM
OK thanks. I just found this thread while searching for like problems.