Vegas Replaced the footage on my timeline overnigh

Comments

Randy Brown wrote on 4/23/2011, 9:29 AM
We believe this issue can occur on large projects, when copying/pasting media from one .veg file to another, but that's about all the information we have at this point. If you can provide any additional specifics, it would help us in resolving the issue. Thanks in advance.
The following is what I posted in another thread regarding this issue. It doesn't mention using a nested project but your post reminded me that I did pull in a veg in this project but then immediately removed it....perhaps the damage was already done though.
I wound up deleting the track and importing the clips back in....I will continue to work on it and make sure not to add a veg and hope for the best.

Hi guys,
slack wrote on 5/10/2011, 6:10 AM
I have just had this happen to me and unfortuneately it has occurred with 10.0d. The project was quite simple with several text media clips inserted above my video clip. Suddenly 2 of those text media clips were replaced by jpg files. I noticed that listed under the properties of those 2 jpg files was the file name for the text media clips that should have been in the timeline. I tried replacing them to correct the issue, but every time I opened Vegas I found they had been replaced again. I explored a bit further. For this project I have created media bins. I noticed that the 2 jpg files had found there way into the bin where I stored the media text files. When I moved the jpg files out of this bin and back into the "picture" bin the text media clips disappeared from my project. I had to recreate them and then reinsert them in the timeline. The problem was then fixed. Wow, this is odd. To make it more confusing this happened to a file that had no recent changes made to it. It was essentially a complete project that had already been rendered.
set wrote on 5/29/2012, 12:26 AM
Never knew that this problem was new on 10th version, as this problem happened to me in 10e, AFTER a year this is reported.
Just happened to me, VERY SIMILAR.

I haven't made my jump seriously to VegasPro 11 as it is too unstable, only for GPU final rendering after I do my main edit on 10th.
A bit confused...

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

cspvideo wrote on 5/31/2012, 9:05 PM
Did you cut and paste material from one Vegas project to another? Meaning did you have two versions of the software open and past something from one timeline to another?
Jim H wrote on 6/1/2012, 12:08 AM
Not sure if this is related but in my last project I was working on a multicamera track when all of a sudden all of the event back 10 or so events from the one I was working on switched to the same take. I had to go in and manually change each take back to the correct one.
Byron K wrote on 6/2/2012, 3:02 PM
You were lucky, when this happened to me I was not able to change the event to display the proper video. I had to remove the whole track and re-insert the proper event.

Here's is the tread w/ screen shots:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=4&MessageID=797374

This was using Vegas 10e. Are you using 11?