Vegas Video Streaming

Ronald-Maxwell wrote on 2/2/2023, 4:50 PM

I am attempting to join Zoom calls and I am being asked to launch Vegas Streaming for apparently to have my laptop camera to work. I would like not to use this, how do I turn this off so I can use my laptop camera again? ty

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 2/3/2023, 6:50 PM

@Ronald-Maxwell I'll move this to the Vegas Pro section where you're more likely to get a response.

planetdelirium wrote on 2/3/2023, 8:10 PM

Strange, I recently had Vegas Streaming installed, thinking that maybe I will try it out one day. But now when I tried a YT livestream it says another app is using my camera and I can't go live directly. I opened Vegas Streaming and I can't find anything about preferences, etc. in regards to camera use.

(EDIT: so I just uninstalled it, disabled whatever camera apps in my Windows 10 security and now it works.)

Ronald-Maxwell wrote on 2/4/2023, 5:38 AM

Ok, so I have a resolve. It turns out when calling HP Support for the laptop, they pointed out that their is a super tiny switch about the size of a pinhead on the side of the laptop that manually turns the laptop camera on and off. Issue solved. Ty to those who jumped in to help! :)

EricLNZ wrote on 2/4/2023, 6:28 PM

Thanks @Ronald-Maxwell for reporting back. It may help any others who encounter the same problem.

Cielspacing wrote on 2/7/2023, 9:10 AM

This is an interesting topic. I had the same Ronald-Maxwell experience, literally.

So now VEGAS stream is uninstalled where I would have preferred to have it there available, ready for me to switch it on when required.
Plus, one wonders what usage cases could be had as complement of Zoom/Meet? What sources of effectively applied uses of VEGAS stream do exist? What users experiences are there to see?
Maybe I should have done my research on this before asking, however will welcome advice on what next? alternatives forum users may point in this.
Thanks

Reyfox wrote on 2/9/2023, 8:30 AM

@Cielspacing, @jetdv would be the person to ask.

While I have Vividcast aka Vegas Stream, it seems to be EOL. It's been almost a year, and no news.

I've personally not used it at our church because everyone is familiar with OBS and have been using it for years to stream. And these workers aren't tech enough to learn anything new.

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 8:40 AM

@Cielspacing, I would recommend contacting NewBlue support with specific questions as there are many there who know much more about the connectivity of Stream than I do.

@Reyfox, all my recent tutorials have actually be recorded using Titler Live instead of Stream. I'm beta testing the process so I do know it is in process.

Reyfox wrote on 2/9/2023, 8:47 AM

@jetdv, thanks for the update! Is one you are testing going to be the replacement for Vividcast/Stream?

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 8:51 AM

@Reyfox, I'm sure that answer is yes. There's a few differences but, for my purposes, it is working well. I know they're still working on it - hopefully it won't be much longer before it's time for public release.

Cielspacing wrote on 2/9/2023, 11:15 AM

@Cielspacing, @jetdv would be the person to ask.

While I have Vividcast aka Vegas Stream, it seems to be EOL. It's been almost a year, and no news.

Ouch!!
Didn't expect such awful news. Actually after waiting several years looking for the well-working version and interesting new features... I bought VEGAS 19 upgrade back at March 2022.
Resulting in what I paid amounted for quite more than MAGIX revised upgrade price policies now require, in effect only a few months after my purchase (and missing VEGAS 20 release in between).

And now I find that my shinny VEGAS Stream software is not developed any more and apparently there is no one here that actually uses it! It was a relevant part of my decision to acquire the upgrade "so I could share work online and communicate for years to come". Not anymore. Dead dreams now. In this case led by my belief in MAGIX marketing communications at the time. I'd have to be more careful, uffs again, next time.

My consolation here is that VEGAS 19 has had extended service so I could continue having a stable and non-crashing NLE for years to come in ways better than what I was doing with previous version VEGAS version.

Accumulatively what has it costed me? Over $600, definitively just don't want to see a higher number here> Anyway always striving for the tool that would allow my ways/works in Video to grow within time (I mostly do Audio).
I am tempted to conclude that I should place these expectations elsewhere first and then search for the right tools. But as some channels and platforms effectively do, some tools enable us or become rather stiff requirements to offer our services. Possibly not so much anymore, which are good news in my book.

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 11:27 AM

@Cielspacing, there are plenty of people using VEGAS Stream and Vividcast. Just because the Vividcast product is being merged into Titler Live does not mean that it's dead. It means it's being combined with another product giving you even more functionality. VEGAS Stream was updated for VEGAS Pro 20 - and this was after the Vividcast announcement.

Cielspacing wrote on 2/9/2023, 3:43 PM

@Cielspacing, there are plenty of people using VEGAS Stream and Vividcast. Just because the Vividcast product is being merged into Titler Live does not mean that it's dead. It means it's being combined with another product giving you even more functionality. VEGAS Stream was updated for VEGAS Pro 20 - and this was after the Vividcast announcement.@Cielspacing, there are plenty of people using VEGAS Stream and Vividcast. Just because the Vividcast product is being merged into Titler Live does not mean that it's dead. It means it's being combined with another product giving you even more functionality. VEGAS Stream was updated for VEGAS Pro 20 - and this was after the Vividcast announcement.

Thank you for the effort in explaining jetdv.
Don't want to sound rough on you, who are beta testing the replacement software, and I should address these diatribes to Stream's Support if there is any. I have just fast checked NewBlueFx website if there is a reasonable upgrade path. Its search system just returns Vividcast with only the single page already cited above with the text "Last week we removed VividCast from our website and ceased all sales of the product, etc".

So no hope for such an upgrade path. A dead end road it seems. That combined new product is as far from me as it is for a newcomer; I'll have to acquire it altogether again in order to use it.
In my case I buy my musical/video software with the long term on sight. Probably not much use for it today, but I want to learn and grow with it, like I would do with a hardware instrument.
After this, very little if none incentive to re-install VEGAS stream, less knowing than streaming always means others or audiences waiting for all to function properly. Won't risk to have problems or endure the path of self solving every connection detail in this situation. Frankly I was expecting a totally different outcome to my first question above, calling for users to share links or hopefully commenting their experiences. Sometimes just a little shared aim may mean kilometers for someone at the receiving end.
This is a starkly different environment I am suddenly and unexpectedly in.

Marketing schemes like this merge typically conflict with my usage. I tend to keep a distance with such companies, it usually gets worse within time. Their pricing and strategy decision teams focus into short term profiting and extracting revenue from their business relations. Their pay is usually tied to metrics like those so what else to expect.
I may be too an idealist but where technical excellence, relevancy for segments of musical-video customers other than larger groupings), long term growth and doing beneficial business for all involved are nowadays? Some firms do pursue such goals. Many others subdue to the marketing strategies on vogue.
I'd like to be wrong in this, but this situation with NewBlueFx looks too familiar these days.

Cielspacing wrote on 2/9/2023, 4:11 PM

That single NewBlueFX online remaining page mentioning vividcast (Stream for VEGAS) kept hammering my minutes, and with every repetition I see it closer, with more detail:

1. From the initial;
    "Where did VividCast go?
    March 23, 2022
    Last week we removed VividCast from our website and ceased all sales of the product. Doing this allows us to focus our resources and efforts on Titler Live."

2. To the included text; "March 23, 2022" *I am eyeing carefully now

3. And then into the detail; "Last week" *even more focused eyeing

So I had to check.
Went diving into my data files and effectively I bought my VEGAS 19 upgrade license that includes Stream precisely at 17th of march 2022.
That is a date when the program was already phased out by its developer. With zero mention by MAGIX of that important detail.
So NewBlueFX's "ceased all sales of the product". Here comes the detailed view again; "CEASED ALL SALES OF THE PRODUCT". It says that clearly.

However their product partner MAGIX didn't followed suit as my acquisition proves. They kept selling! Plus no official MAGIX announcement about Stream till now, that I know of.
The issue is not so much that the product they are selling could be phased out product or unsupported versions, but the fact that such was not disclosed. I read all MAGIX published online and most of the user forum comments here and no related info, less an official disclosure. Would had I bought that upgrade id I knew then? The answer is no, but I did. I was misled by MAGIX am sorry to say, because I have grown to estimate this company within the years.

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 5:40 PM

@Cielspacing, Vividcast sales were ceased. That has nothing to do with VEGAS Stream (although they were very close to the same product). I am asking some questions.

jetdv wrote on 2/10/2023, 9:15 AM

Here's what I have found out on the plans. The plan for Titler Live to replace VividCast is definitely this year with beta testing beginning as soon as next month. I cannot be more precise than that on the timing. VividCast people will be moved to Titler Live Present upon release. As for VEGAS Stream, there will be an upgrade path available to Titler Live Present once everything is settled.

Simplest2remember wrote on 2/22/2023, 11:21 PM

@Cielspacing, I would recommend contacting NewBlue support with specific questions as there are many there who know much more about the connectivity of Stream than I do.

@Reyfox, all my recent tutorials have actually be recorded using Titler Live instead of Stream. I'm beta testing the process so I do know it is in process.

Does NewBlue handle the licensing for this? I.e. to get it installed with my Vegas Pro, should I ask Vegas Pro for the downloader, or NewBlue?

jetdv wrote on 2/23/2023, 7:53 AM

All VEGAS Stream information will be sent to you by Magix. Magix will give you both the serial number and the download link needed. You will activate the product the same as any other NewBlue product, though. And, my understanding is that there will be an upgrade path from VEGAS Stream to Titler Live in the future as well.

David-Gray wrote on 2/4/2024, 4:50 PM

I am using a desktop and get a message asking me to start Vegas stream when I attempt google or zoom video calls. I deleted Vegas Stream but it is still asking me to start it.