Comments

Former user wrote on 9/11/2007, 11:26 AM
Does the computer recognize your camera?

Dave T2
frazerb wrote on 9/11/2007, 11:27 AM
My Vegas 7e recognizes my XH-A1.

Buddy
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 9/11/2007, 11:47 AM
I saw a problem like this once, and (and your not gonna like this) my camera had a blown firewire port (not my computer, my camera). check it on another computer - if you can, then it's something else, if it's not (then I'd be a little more concerned).

Sorry for such wonderful news.

Dave
xjerx wrote on 9/11/2007, 11:51 AM
when i have the xh-a1 in vcr mode..nothing..computer doesn't see it...but then i flip it over to record mode..and then the computer sees it and displays what the camera is seeing on the computer.....

...any more ideas guys?
Golfer wrote on 9/11/2007, 12:07 PM
It sounds like you need to go into your custom fuctions(before you connect it to your computer) and select your output HDV OPTION,if your trying yo capture hdv..
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 9/11/2007, 12:27 PM
I'm just glad I was wrong - I would have felt for you had I been right.

Dave
xjerx wrote on 9/11/2007, 1:32 PM
Yeah..i'm glad you were wrong too or I would have been sick tonight..

...ok..here's the funny thing...it works fine when I use vegas' external capture program...but when I try to use the HDV capture within vegas it won't work....geez...this is making me ill ...i need to do some work.
winrockpost wrote on 9/11/2007, 1:36 PM
dont know that cam but maybe you have a dv conversion turned on
xjerx wrote on 9/11/2007, 1:45 PM
no conversion..just straight HDV...i've looked through all the menus on the camera and in vegas...and can't seem to find anything...
xjerx wrote on 9/11/2007, 2:21 PM
wow....ok...finally got it working...seems as though if you unplug the firewire cable..new options pop up in the camera menu...strange......anyway...thanks for all your help

jeremiah