Vegasaur and Batch Rendering (with split files)

crown2020 wrote on 6/10/2020, 8:49 PM

In my case, I have 18 Audio only files I would like Vegasaur to render, (while keeping the file name in the output). My Audio clips generally contain one clip, for each line, that has been split in editing. Usually, several times each clip. When I set up regions using Vegasaur, I get regions at every place I split the file to do an edit. To manually remove the unwanted region markers, at each "clip", would take forever. I can tell Vegasaur to "bypass fades and transitions", but, that won't help me because they are splits where I removed part of the file. Sometimes I add a fade at the end of the split and the start of the other side of the split. But, not always. Is there a better way? It renders, (Just like Vegas Pro 17), 64 files when I only need my 18 from line item FILE start and line item FILE end, (ignoring things in between). I looked for a way to "rejoin" the clips and keep my edit work. Per some 8 year plus old posts on here, Vegas has yet to see a need for such a feature. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for you time. I look forward to your response(s).

Comments

Former user wrote on 6/10/2020, 9:56 PM

If you want to delete all of the Region Markers, click on the first marker, hold shift down and click on the last. This selects all of them and hover above one and right-click delete.

crown2020 wrote on 6/10/2020, 10:15 PM

@ Dot, Thanks for the idea. I was looking for a more automated approach. I'd rather not have to do this 50-100 times.

Former user wrote on 6/10/2020, 10:26 PM

You just have to do it once for each timeline. Do you have 50-100 timelines?

crown2020 wrote on 6/10/2020, 11:41 PM

@ Dot, I do not have 50-100 at the moment. I have 19 lines. The issue is, I may have as much as 20-30 edits where Vegasaur placed region markers. THAT"S what I do not want to manual edit on EVERY line. And, in the future, it's possible to have around 80-100 lines with those types of edit frequencies going on.

crown2020 wrote on 6/10/2020, 11:48 PM

@ Joelson_Forte ,Thanks for the video. If it were only that simple. Notice your clips have no edits in the middle of them. Now image 19 lines of clips with 20-30 edits per line. See what I mean? Vegasaur will place a region marker where I do not want it causing me to have to remove it EVERYWHERE I did an edit. I NEED the region markers for Vegasaur to know exactly where each clip starts and stops to batch render my audio files.

tim-neighbors wrote on 6/11/2020, 1:09 AM

It's really hard to tell what you're trying to do. Maybe posting a screen capture would help? I've read the line "My Audio clips generally contain one clip, for each line, that has been split in editing" about 12 times and I'm still not sure I understand what it means. Why use Vegasaur to generate your regions? Why not just manually create 18 regions -one for each file you want to render off your timeline? As for batch rendering with filenames, I used to have a script that would allow you to do a batch and retain filenames, but it stopped working with recent versions of vegas for some reason. Maybe if you're using an older version of vegas it will work. Sorry if I'm not helping. I'm just not clear what's going on.

crown2020 wrote on 6/11/2020, 1:25 AM

@ tim-neighbors , When you take one clip and SPLIT it 20 times, THEN ask Vegasaur to add regions, Vegasaur WILL add a region marker at each split because it sees 20 separate clips. I need it, or a script, that is intelligent enough to say hey, this guy just needs to mark the front and end of the file on this line, lets not mark what's between. If I allow the markers to stay where I do not want them, I'll end up with a bulk render of 20 clips when I only need ONE.

Former user wrote on 6/11/2020, 7:16 AM

It is not going to be automatic. Delete all regions as I said, then add your 18 regions manually.

crown2020 wrote on 6/11/2020, 7:36 AM

Surely there is someone out here, smarter than I am, that could offer a work around or a script that would do this. It does not appear to be that hard. It's functionality that SHOULD be in Vegas out of the box, in my opinion.

Former user wrote on 6/11/2020, 7:39 AM

But the question would be, how would a script know where you intend to create a region? If you have multiple edits and no other markers, there is no way for it to figure it out.

altarvic wrote on 6/11/2020, 7:44 AM

Wouldn't it be much easier to render each track using Transcoder? You just need to rename your tracks.
This script will set the name of the track to the name of the first file on this track.

crown2020 wrote on 6/11/2020, 11:39 AM

@ Dot, I would image you would write the script to look at the file start and end for each file you have on each line. Maybe greater than less than values? I do not know. I'm not a software programmer. I'm sure where there is a will, there is a way. The issue is, there is no one, at the moment, that I have found, with the will. I suspect it's because they are not faced with my same issue, or, they have found a better way.

crown2020 wrote on 6/11/2020, 11:59 AM

@altarvic, Would you be speaking of the native transcoder within Vegas Pro 17 that offers batch rending but outputs my files like track 1, track 2, and so on? I looked for a You Tube and searched this form and the Vegas Help file for this. Please point me in the right direction. I'd also thank you to advise how I should execute the nice script file you provided a link to. I look forward to your response. Thank you for your time.

altarvic wrote on 6/11/2020, 12:55 PM

No, I'm talking about Transcoder tool, which is part of Vegasaur toolkit (menu Vegasaur > Render > Transcoder).

It can render each track as a standalone file. So, if you have 18 tracks, it will render 18 files. The track name will be automatically used as the file name (the aforementioned script will rename each track automatically).

I assume that each track contains one group of edited events (18 tracks in total).

Jeditpro wrote on 6/11/2020, 1:08 PM

@crown2020

@altarvic is talking about Vegasaur Transcoder feature. The script he created must be placed in the Scrit Menu folder in the native Vegas directory.

Another important information: When defining the properties in Transcoder, in OUTPUT go to MACROS and choose Track Name {tn}. This option will make the output file have the same name as the selected Track.

@altarvic Is it possible to change this script so that it uses an selected event on the track to name the track instead of using only the first event? For example: In a Track with multiple events, the user wants the track to have the name of the selected event.

crown2020 wrote on 6/11/2020, 2:30 PM

@altarvic AND @Jeditpro, Many thanks to you both. This was sooooo much better than "My Way". It worked like a charm and @Jeditpro, the video was GREAT! @altarvic, your script is AMAZING!

altarvic wrote on 6/11/2020, 2:39 PM

@Jeditpro Thanks for the video example!

@altarvic Is it possible to change this script so that it uses an selected event on the track to name the track instead of using only the first event? For example: In a Track with multiple events, the user wants the track to have the name of the selected event.

Yes, this is possible. Just add another condition:

if (media != null && !media.IsGenerated() && !media.IsImageSequence() && media.FilePath != null && evnt.Selected)
{
    track.Name = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(media.FilePath);
    break;
}

altarvic wrote on 6/11/2020, 2:59 PM

Another important information: When defining the properties in Transcoder, in OUTPUT go to MACROS and choose Track Name {tn}. This option will make the output file have the same name as the selected Track.

Vegasaur will do this for you if you leave the File Name field blank

(Automatic means that it will use the track name if you render tracks, the region name if you render regions)

crown2020 wrote on 6/16/2020, 11:28 PM

@altarvic, Would this script also work when burning to a cd? In other words, would "track 1" not be called "track 1 ", but rather the actual file name using this script?

UPDATE: Never mind. At the file level, for cd spec, no one has ever been able to do this. It's not possible.

TheRhino wrote on 6/17/2020, 9:45 AM

I'm looking for a Script that batch renders using the MARKERS, not regions, like the one in Peachrock's Veggie Toolkit used to do... I have Vegasaur, but don't see it as an option... Any ideas?

Unfortunately they stopped updating Veggie Toolkit around the time Windows 10 was introduced due to an issue with Net Framework or something.... It adds an extra step for large projects if I have to add Regions between every set of markers...

Workstation C with $600 USD of upgrades in April, 2021
--$360 11700K @ 5.0ghz
--$200 ASRock W480 Creator (onboard 10G net, TB3, etc.)
Borrowed from my 9900K until prices drop:
--32GB of G.Skill DDR4 3200 ($100 on Black Friday...)
Reused from same Tower Case that housed the Xeon:
--Used VEGA 56 GPU ($200 on eBay before mining craze...)
--Noctua Cooler, 750W PSU, OS SSD, LSI RAID Controller, SATAs, etc.

Performs VERY close to my overclocked 9900K (below), but at stock settings with no tweaking...

Workstation D with $1,350 USD of upgrades in April, 2019
--$500 9900K @ 5.0ghz
--$140 Corsair H150i liquid cooling with 360mm radiator (3 fans)
--$200 open box Asus Z390 WS (PLX chip manages 4/5 PCIe slots)
--$160 32GB of G.Skill DDR4 3000 (added another 32GB later...)
--$350 refurbished, but like-new Radeon Vega 64 LQ (liquid cooled)

Renders Vegas11 "Red Car Test" (AMD VCE) in 13s when clocked at 4.9 ghz
(note: BOTH onboard Intel & Vega64 show utilization during QSV & VCE renders...)

Source Video1 = 4TB RAID0--(2) 2TB M.2 on motherboard in RAID0
Source Video2 = 4TB RAID0--(2) 2TB M.2 (1) via U.2 adapter & (1) on separate PCIe card
Target Video1 = 32TB RAID0--(4) 8TB SATA hot-swap drives on PCIe RAID card with backups elsewhere

10G Network using used $30 Mellanox2 Adapters & Qnap QSW-M408-2C 10G Switch
Copy of Work Files, Source & Output Video, OS Images on QNAP 653b NAS with (6) 14TB WD RED
Blackmagic Decklink PCie card for capturing from tape, etc.
(2) internal BR Burners connected via USB 3.0 to SATA adapters
Old Cooler Master CM Stacker ATX case with (13) 5.25" front drive-bays holds & cools everything.

Workstations A & B are the 2 remaining 6-core 4.0ghz Xeon 5660 or I7 980x on Asus P6T6 motherboards.

$999 Walmart Evoo 17 Laptop with I7-9750H 6-core CPU, RTX 2060, (2) M.2 bays & (1) SSD bay...

Marco. wrote on 6/17/2020, 10:32 AM

The Vegasaur batch render tool (Transcoder) also offers to use timeline Markers as base for the batch.