Video/audio sync again

Steven Myers wrote on 10/18/2003, 11:36 AM
I've searched this forum but haven't found my solution.

This problem has existed for only about the past month.
In capturing video from my MiniDV camera, through the USB port, the audio is about one second behind the video.
The only thing I can guess is that I've inadvertently changed some config setting, but I can't figure out what it might have been.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Myers

Comments

GaryKleiner wrote on 10/18/2003, 1:36 PM
You should not be capturing through USB, but through firewire (IEEE1394).

If, by chance, you really mean firewire, there IS a delay from the playback to the computer monitoring the playback while you are capturing. As long as the resultant clip is is sync, there's no problem.

Gary
jeremyk wrote on 10/18/2003, 2:19 PM
Yeah, I've found that in capturing LONG (one hour or more) clips, the sound lags behind the video by 4 or 5 seconds by the end of the clip. I panicked the first time I encountered this.

However, the captured video and audio are in perfect sync when I go to use them. Whew!
Steven Myers wrote on 10/18/2003, 8:40 PM
Thanks jeremyk and gkvideoguy.

I've been using USB because that's the kind of cable that came with the camera.

I should have mentioned that only Vegas exhibits this problem. The cheapo software that came with the camera and Windows Movie Maker get the audio and video lined up perfectly.

The time difference between audio and video does not vary with length of clip or anything else. The audio is always approx. 1 second behind.

It used to work fine.