video effect in Vegas needed

richard-courtney wrote on 1/31/2010, 8:34 PM
Need to create an effect.

Imagine cutting a rubber balloon in two that has lettering on one side and mounting
it in a frame. Center the lettering in front of the camera. From the backside grab
the ballon in the center and pull backwards away from the camera. Hold it a
second and then let go.

The image will be distorted and then will bounce toward the camera.

Thanks for your help!


DrLumen wrote on 1/31/2010, 8:41 PM
I'm guessing it needs to be more dramatic or different than keyframing the pinch/punch effect?

intel i-4790k / Asus Z97 Pro / 32GB Crucial RAM / Nvidia GTX 560Ti / 500GB Samsung SSD / 256 GB Samsung SSD / 2-WDC 4TB Black HDD's / 2-WDC 1TB HDD's / 2-HP 23" Monitors / Various MIDI gear, controllers and audio interfaces

Grazie wrote on 1/31/2010, 8:42 PM
Great challenge! - I like it . . .

What version of Vegas you working in?

BudWzr wrote on 1/31/2010, 8:48 PM
Yep, Pinch/Punch with track motion zoom. Residual motion (coming to rest) by clipping last second, copying, and reversing and time expand.
Grazie wrote on 1/31/2010, 8:53 PM
Plus Deform. - g
BudWzr wrote on 1/31/2010, 9:04 PM
BudWzr wrote on 1/31/2010, 9:07 PM
hahahaha....."Hmmph!" is a just a fun way to say "Ah-ha" or "I see". If we all use it, I think it would be really useful. Imagine: Someone makes a comment, and 12 people respond "Hmmph!".
John_Cline wrote on 1/31/2010, 10:42 PM
Imagine: Someone makes a comment, and 12 people respond "Hmmph!"

I did imagine it and NO, it's a stupid idea.
BudWzr wrote on 1/31/2010, 11:24 PM
richard-courtney wrote on 2/1/2010, 6:00 AM
Pro 9.0c

I'll try pinch/punch along with a bump map (from water drop ripple example)

The goal is to make the scene look like an actor is caught inside a bubble.