Comments

Duncan H wrote on 3/12/2014, 9:55 PM
A remarkable and poignant video. To think we kill these magnificent creatures through driftnetting, purse seine and any other manner of trawling the oceans, not to mention specific dolphin harvests in some nations.
Soniclight wrote on 3/13/2014, 4:44 PM
Alongside the obvious remarkable-ness of the moment -- the trust of the dolphin, the kindness of the diver,, it is also IMO also a nice wider metaphor for gracefully allowing others to help us in times of need. Video, film and all art can be seen or interpreted on various levels too.
Tech Diver wrote on 3/14/2014, 1:56 PM
It's fascinating to see these amazingly intelligent, yet wild, marine mammals interacting with humans in such a trusting manner. I envy the diver that witnessed this, as the only dolphins I ever see here at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution are the ones that are brought to our necropsy lab.

Peter
GeeBax wrote on 3/14/2014, 5:57 PM
I watched the video over several times, and sure there would have been some careful editing in the footage, but I am amazed that it appears that the dolphin actually sought the help of the diver. It sat very still in the water while he worked on getting the hook out and cutting the line free. Then when it was all over it quietly swam away. To me this was one of the most amazing things I have seen in recent times.
Lovelight wrote on 3/15/2014, 1:54 PM
Animals are amazing. There many more secrets to the animal kingdom, if humans start treating all life with love. Thanks 4 sharing.
[r]Evolution wrote on 3/16/2014, 1:07 PM
My first editing/studio job was with PADI, so I love seeing this stuff. I'm sure both the Dolphin & Diver went away with a feeling of satisfaction.