Comments

videoITguy wrote on 2/16/2016, 2:05 PM
The Review is very much on point about the benefits of the Catalyst suite. This would be expected of the garden type variety reviewer.

What is missing- (aha, perhaps just as it is from the marketing advance materials published by Sony) - is what purpose and target audience this product is designed to support.

It has NOTHING to do with a VegasPro market (past,present, or future) and that is something that a lot of VegasPro users in this forum have yet to learn, based on the half-baked comparisons between VegasPro and Catalyst posted in this forum.
ushere wrote on 2/16/2016, 7:57 PM
It has NOTHING to do with a VegasPro market (past,present, or future) and that is something that a lot of VegasPro users in this forum have yet to learn, based on the half-baked comparisons between VegasPro and Catalyst posted in this forum.

if scs intends discontinuing vegas and expects cat to take it's place then it has very much to do with this forum.

and as for half-baked, well, having tested edit quite extensively all i can say is that edit is what is half-baked...
OldSmoke wrote on 2/16/2016, 8:23 PM
f scs intends discontinuing vegas and expects cat to take it's place then it has very much to do with this forum.

Maybe it's not SCS intend to replace it but leave us hanging dry.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

astar wrote on 2/16/2016, 9:24 PM
It would seem half baked is the only way to write reviews these days. Everyone seems so polarized on hardware and software. Who really cares what paint brush you use, or camera brand you choose.

There could be legal reasons more than just tech to re-write from the ground up. Who really knows how SCS is bound to both Vegas's history and Sony.
DGates wrote on 2/16/2016, 10:59 PM
I don't even see a name attached to the reviewer. Feels slightly more than a press release.