VP21 B108 horizontal audio meter text cut off

Rednroll wrote on 8/23/2023, 11:21 AM

Hi, I just installed VP21 Build 108. I prefer the use of the horizontal meters for my audio tracks. However, when you change to the horizontal meters the output level readout text is cut in half and unreadable.

I noticed aside from making the vertical meters the default, Magix additionally decided to make the horizontal meters narrower and looks like in the process forgot to make the associated readout text smaller as well and it therefore appears cut in half. Does anyone even look at this stuff after making changes?

P.S. If Magix is going to continue on with the Sony trend of not putting any real effort into the audio side features of Vegas, then please just leave well enough alone instead of breaking the stuff which is there.

Thanks!

Comments

andyrpsmith wrote on 8/23/2023, 2:32 PM

Do you mean horizontal meters on the audio track header if so on my PC they look fine, no text cut off.

(Intel 3rd gen i5@4.1GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 1080Ti GPU, Windows 10) Not now used with Vegas.

13th gen i913900K - water cooled, 96GB RAM, 4TB M2 drive, 4TB games SSD, 2TB video SSD, GPU RTX 4080 Super, Windows 11 pro

RogerS wrote on 8/23/2023, 10:11 PM

If Magix is going to continue on with the Sony trend of not putting any real effort into the audio side features of Vegas,

Pretty rude to state as we got VST 3 support with VP 20 and finally a concerted effort at modernizing the audio engine after being ignored for the better part of a decade.

Vertical meters have been the default in VEGAS in general and on the track header. Changing the track to horizontal I don't see an issue. What is windows scaling set to?

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD and 2TB Samsung 980 Pro cache drive, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208
VEGAS Pro 22.93

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

Grazie wrote on 8/24/2023, 12:16 AM

@Rednroll - Is this what you're seeing?

Yes, the Text is sliced in half. Would have been both sensible and time-saving if you had posted a screengrab of what you're seeing too?

As to your reference to SONY, I'll leave that to others to respond. I've found the development of the Audio since 2016 has been, leisurely but at the same time considerate, and now they have an Audio tec on the case.

Rednroll wrote on 8/24/2023, 6:07 AM

Yes, Grazie that is what I'm seeing. Sorry, I was not in front of my PC when posting to be able to include an image. Now included on this follow up post.

Scaling is set to 150% on my laptop screen which from windows is the "recommended" setting and has a 2560x1600 resolution, while I also have 2 external monitors set to 100% scaling(also recommended). The external monitors have 1980x1080 resolutions. I observe the same issue with Vegas placed on any of the screens and it doesn't matter which screen I launch Vegas to start on, it always displays the cut-off text.

Rednroll wrote on 8/24/2023, 6:34 AM

If Magix is going to continue on with the Sony trend of not putting any real effort into the audio side features of Vegas,

Pretty rude to state as we got VST 3 support with VP 20 and finally a concerted effort at modernizing the audio engine after being ignored for the better part of a decade.

VST3 support? Awesome, I'm certain it finally arrived out of necessity since every audio plugin developer stopped releasing VST2 versions. I missed trying that out on VP20 since VP20 seems to have only been out for a blink of an eye. So for myself the jury is still out on that and if the VST3 implementation ends up being anything like other Magix audio apps, I can likely look forward to many VST3 plugins not working very well when trying to run the VST3/64bit versions but I will reserve that for later since I'm still in the process of just setting things up.

rraud wrote on 8/24/2023, 1:25 PM

Yes, the horizontal output audio meter (and meter text) is cut off on my PC as well. I tried changing the PC's DPI setting, but it was the same (aside from the global display size).

VST-3 support is nice, but some of my (third-party) VST-2 32bit plug-ins are not available or will not open. This was not a problem in VP-16.

jetdv wrote on 8/24/2023, 3:53 PM

What about the "Hi DPI" settings in VEGAS?

Mine show fine in VP21.

Rednroll wrote on 8/24/2023, 5:19 PM

What about the "Hi DPI" settings in VEGAS?

Mine show fine in VP21.

Just explored this, thanks for the suggestion. Unchecking Hi DPI fixes the text cut-off. The trade-off is that I get an overall blurry looking HMI.

Here were the options I tried and the results I observed.

These settings fixed the meter text so was no longer cut-off but entire HMI and fonts now look fuzzy. Think I would chose to live with the text cut-off, if that's our only option for a fix.😟

These settings give the cut in half meter text, while the rest of the HMI looks crisp and clear.

These settings also give the cut in half meter text with a crisp and clear HMI. Honestly, don't really notice a difference from above with the "use Alternate HighDPI settings" check box enabled.