Wax Problem

alfredsvideo wrote on 7/21/2004, 2:52 PM
When I drop a Wax effect on to an event, this message comes up:

Two different types of Mscoree.dll have been loaded.
First copy: Unkown
Second copy: C\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll
This is typically caused by having a registered MSCOREE.dll that is different from the one that is statically linked with the application

When "Okay" is clicked, another message comes up:
Failed to initialize script engine. Please install the .NET Framework, (download is available from Windows Update}

Click "Okay" again and a completely blank Wax window comes up, except for a "Please Wait" message, complete with egg timer, which just sits there and does nothing. Get rid of this window and another message comes up:

Unable to find video event length. If you are running Vegas 4.0 and above, please check if you can run scripts because Wax needs that ability.

My scripts of Tsunami and Excalibur will then not run and this same message comes up again:
Failed to initialize script engine. Please install the .NET Framework, (download is available from Windows Update}

After shutting down Vegas and restarting it, my scripts then run okay.
I have tried running Wax using both with and without the Dummy Host Media

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Thanks.

Comments

satish wrote on 7/21/2004, 4:32 PM
How about other scripts? Are you able to run any scripts at all?

You may have to reinstall Vegas after installing .NET framework..
alfredsvideo wrote on 7/22/2004, 3:29 PM
I'm able to run scripts until I drop a Wax transition or effect onto an event. that's when the afformentioned trouble begins. I cannot then run any scripts. However, after I've shut down Vegas and re-started it, my scripts once again run okay. I may try doing what you suggest and re-instal Vegas.