Comments

FrigidNDEditing wrote on 4/6/2009, 2:43 PM
When did that come out? was that at last years NAB? or was that something else? it's a great piece of promotion for vegas to be sure - wish I knew about it before.

Dave
baysidebas wrote on 4/6/2009, 3:05 PM
And they shoot themselves in the foot by making it a real player movie....
blink3times wrote on 4/6/2009, 3:40 PM
"And they shoot themselves in the foot by making it a real player movie...."

You're actually given a choice between real player or WMP. Mine came through on WMP because that's what I had firefox set for.
LarsHD wrote on 4/6/2009, 3:40 PM
Excellent video. They have done an awesome job. Congrats to the producer of that video.

Lars
farss wrote on 4/6/2009, 3:56 PM
It's terrible, a big negative score against Vegas and those who use it. At least the three "A"s understand how to market a product.

Bob.
baysidebas wrote on 4/6/2009, 4:55 PM
"You're actually given a choice between real player or WMP. Mine came through on WMP because that's what I had firefox set for."

I wasn't offered any choice in Firefox, just "you need to download a plugin ," which is what I'm used to with real player and why I avoid it at all costs.

Ah, I see it in the fine print now, "change video preferences." Certainly not the smartest way to handle this issue.
MUTTLEY wrote on 4/6/2009, 5:00 PM
If a wmv is embeded in a page and you don't already have the windows media player plugin for Firefox installed already it prompts you to install it. Has nothing to do with RP (which I loath as well and refuse to install).

- Ray
Some of my stuff on Vimeo
Me On Twitter

baysidebas wrote on 4/6/2009, 5:03 PM
And I have the WMV plugin installed, so why did it default to the [not installed] RP then? Once i changed the preference to WMV it just went ahead with playback. It should have done that to start with.
blink3times wrote on 4/6/2009, 5:17 PM
"It's terrible, a big negative score against Vegas and those who use it. At least the three "A"s understand how to market a product."

Really?
I thought it was okay. Where did you have problems with it?
Jim H wrote on 4/6/2009, 5:43 PM
I loved the juggling clown clips.... subtle.
TheHappyFriar wrote on 4/6/2009, 5:55 PM
I should of taped the reactions of the client I worked with today. That's a bigger sale then any planned out video. :)
winrockpost wrote on 4/6/2009, 6:12 PM
boring fthe first time I saw it, and after 4 monyhs or so another 7 minutes I'll never get back....and the text..well lame to say the least,,
just an opinion

TARHEELS in about 5
Terje wrote on 4/8/2009, 6:12 AM
And they shoot themselves in the foot by making it a real player movie....

That should not be a surprise to anyone. SCS is firmly planted in the "either Windows media or Real" camp. It is like nobody from SCS has had access to the internet for the past 4 years.
John_Cline wrote on 4/8/2009, 1:24 PM
Up top under "My Account" > "Preferences", there is a global setting for the desired media format for video clips on the SCS site.